Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Cbc interview - cicpo and martha friendly

Recently, CBC published this article featuring Martha Friendly making even more slanderous, erroneous and biting remarks toward ICPs.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/unlice...says-1.3086500

Our favourite comments, in particular, were those indicating that home daycare in Ontario 'truly is a black hole' and that we didn't even have anyone telling us what to feed the children in our care.

Providers from across the province tweeted pictures of the foods we serve, our spaces and activities to Ms. Friendly at @_MFriendly under #notablackhole and #homechildcarematter s . Please feel free to do so yourselves as well.

A CBC reporter has picked up the story. Our own Heidi Higgins will be doing a live to air interview tomorrow morning from 8:35am-9am right here, should you wish to listen. http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/about

The very best part about this is that the interview is shared with Martha Friendly. She's being interviewed first, then CICPO is wrapping it up, which, to my way of thinking, is flipping awesome.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Sorry I'm behind.....what is ICP and CICPO? Thanks in advance

Outgoing
    ICP is an ancronym for Independent Chidcare Provider. CICPO is the Coalition of Independent Childcare Providers of Ontario. They are the organization started to fight BIll 10 and they are on the Early years advisory committee for the regulatory phase of the Bill.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    It was also announced late last night that Minister Sandals will be participating in the CBC interview this morning as well.

Outgoing
    You can hear it here.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/t...rous-1.3092444

I am sure this is true of all industries, but I find it unfortunate and aggravating that the people who do the interviewing on daycare stories don't understand more about it so they don't know the right questions to ask.
    Last edited by kindertime; 05-29-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kindertime View Post
    You can hear it here.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/t...rous-1.3092444

I am sure this is true of all industries, but I find it unfortunate and aggravating that the people who do the interviewing on daycare stories don't understand more about it so they don't know the right questions to ask.
    Not had chance to listen to this yet, but I am enraged at the fact this this link leads to the article about the 2 year old who died in the overcrowded daycare. Please explain to me how this mother can be allowed to sue the province. Such a tragic event and everyone should be held accountable, but that includes the mother. How can she seek damages when she willingly left her child with this daycare provider. I am totally not buying that she didn't know. How could a childcare provider hide 29 children and 14 dogs!?!? This mother shouldn't be seeking financial compensation from the province when she was also part of the problem. I understand this sounds harsh, but this mother has lost her child and it is horrific, regardless of the cause, but to be allowed to shine the light of blame on others and not bare any responsibility herself is just wrong. Fight for change and regulation, but sueing the province when she was partly to blame too is completely ridiculous!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Bright Sparks, I agree that the parents have a lot of responsibility in this, that provider had two houses side by side and the parents never entered the premises because they had a drop off/ pick up service. Definitely a red flag! Apparently the parents were told that she was a licensed daycare. The parents are suing the Ministry because there were 5 complaints against the provider and not one of them was checked out and I believe the provider is named in the suit as well. This tragedy is part of the reason for the new legislation.
    Last edited by jodaycare; 06-01-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Starting to feel at home...
    I cant wait until all the information about this case comes out (if we ever do get to hear all the facts)

Outgoing
    i doubt that it will ever be made public