Hey guys, this isn't dc related sorry. but i haven't been able to sleep and i can't ask my friends cause small circle and kids know eachother and i don't want my daughter to get upset with me.
she was asked on a date by a boy in highschool this week and they're going out Wed nite to a movie she told me. my daughter is a late bloomer, basically, has never dated or been kissed. She'll be 17 soon so i know i have to let go, but i don't really know anything about boy, who is about a year older.
I'm a bit of a nervous parent (more than others in my circle and neighbours), but my question is, do i make them come in before they go so i can meet him?
Also, she told me his first name and i kinda searched her yearbook and there were a couple of possibilities, but i narrowed it down to one and then i creeped his face book.... do you think i'm way out of line? my daughter would be so upset that i'm looking into all this.
His fb is typical teen stuff, but he is a rather big tall guy (and yes gorgeous as my daughter said)... she's all wide eyed right now and in la-la land, and i just don't want anything to happen.... like going to park the car after the movie...
I can't sleep!!! she's a smart girl so i do trust her...i just don't know him at all.
Should i just chill?
thanks so much