Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Low enrolment for summer :( quitting before my vacations!

what is it? When it comes to summer and my vacations most of the parents go flying out the door!!
    Last edited by littlefish; 06-06-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    I think if you had clients who truly valued you and your services, then would much rather pay your vacation and keep you rather than have to find a new daycare for their child(ren) and uproot them from their current situation.
    If this has happened more than once, I would be looking at the daycare I am running and why people feel good about just up and leaving for the sake of agreed upon paid vacation.
    Alternatively, you need to increase your rates to the equivalent of your 2 weeks vacation and stop charging for paid vacation time. Then parents don't realize that are actually paying for your holidays.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdtimesacharm For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    It could be just coincidence or they might not like the idea of paying for your vacation. Personally, I don't charge for my vacation but do have a bit of a higher daily rate to compensate for that (although, I'm seeing more and more charge higher than me, which I think is good!)

I agree with 3rdtimesacharm though. If it's happening often than you may want to reconsider how you handle your holidays. Perhaps a daily fee increase might be the better option?

Euphoric !
    Change your contact so that vacation runs Jan-Dec. Then in contract be clear that vacation accumulates by # days paid you have each year / 12 month = monthly accrual. Then be clear in contact that if they leave before you take vacation, then they owe for the months they been in care. That way, if someone leave, you still have pay for time they were in care.

I did this because I take first week in Sept and kids who going to school were having 9 month of care and not paying for vacation taken as they went school.

Not being rude but when you experience something not covered in contact ONCE, that it time to review and amend for future. If this is a repeat pattern, you not doing your part to stop it reoccurring.
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 06-03-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
    How does it work, for example she gave noticed for July there last day will be last week of July but my vacations are on the end of July and beginning of August so I'm wondering what happen to Aug vacation. Do I let it go or I minus it her deposit which I thing she will go nuts about don't know what to do, I want to finish in good terms.
    There is little you can do to change an existing contract with someone leaving soon. They would have to agree to the chance. I meant going forward, change your contracts so this doesn't happen in future.

You should get July paid vacation since she leaving the end July but there's nothing you can do about August paid vacation if she leave before then. You will have to let it go if this was not your contracted terms.