Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Holy Daycare Costs!!!

I was doing a quick little search on daycare bear to see what other providers are charging in my area. I live in Toronto and charge $50 per day and found 7 out 10 local near by home daycares charge 65-80 per day!!!!

Oh my goodness, how in the world do these families afford this and what's even more frightening is how much daycare centers in Toronto must be charging! jeepers

Starting to feel at home...
    I think you should raise your rates
    I certainly couldn't afford that if I had to pay daycare costs. I charge $39, and the average in my area is $40-45.

Outgoing
    Tiny Twigs...when you say you live in Toronto....where in Toronto? $60-80,,,,norm

Euphoric !
    Exactly, it depends where you live in Toronto specifically and what you offer. I live across from an elementary school, have a large fenced backyard (rare in Toronto), offer lot's of outside time, have ton's of young families in my neighbourhood who need care and not enough childcare options in the area. I charge $60 per day and I don't worry about how they are going to pay for it. Not my issue. The daycare centre at the school across the road charges $98 per day.

Euphoric !
    Some people just have a whole lot of money. Before we had our daughter I was a supply teacher, I supplemented this income by nannying 2 days a week. The family had 2 kids in a premium daycare (maybe $60 a day each) but the mom preferred the 1yr old to be home 2 days a week so he could sleep more. They paid me $125 a day to have the one child home, while still paying his full time daycare fees. Those two days a week cost them at least $245 a day for childcare! Likely more as I suspect he 1yr olds daycare spot was more than the $60.

They had money and didn't really mind spending a lot on childcare to get what they wanted. They then had a 3rd child when my daughter was born. They got a full time nanny for her but still paid daycare fees for the boys...so the nanny could be one on one with the youngest!

Hats off to them though...they were willing to pay for what they felt was best for the kids. lucky kids!

Jippers. I need to move to TO. Every single parent that comes though my doors complain about 40/45$ a day. Sigh.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    Exactly, it depends where you live in Toronto specifically and what you offer. I live across from an elementary school, have a large fenced backyard (rare in Toronto), offer lot's of outside time, have ton's of young families in my neighbourhood who need care and not enough childcare options in the area. I charge $60 per day and I don't worry about how they are going to pay for it. Not my issue. The daycare centre at the school across the road charges $98 per day.
    where abouts in Toronto are you?

Euphoric !
    St Clair West

Outgoing
    I think I'm going to print this page and post it on the wall at my front door. In Quebec, in the subsidized system, parents pay $7.30/day. And they're is still complaining!!

(Yikes, $98/day at a center?)

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    Personally...it shouldn't matter which part of the city you live in...like I said in my earlier post...I have had 2 parents tell me I undercharge...I live in east scarborough..just this side of pickering???? They say I should be charging 45.00/day....what parent tells their provider THAT?
    Actually, that sounds like a great compliment. They are valuing your work. I think there are a lot of parents who value their caregivers but just don't say it out loud. Good for you!! And regarding that other parent...