Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    I stay in my backyard as my children are young, I do have a lot of toys that I rotate and then they older children are not bored - when I worked at a big centre we had to watch the kids and also be aware if there were any men sitting on the benches looking at the kids and it just made the visit to the park that much more stressful

I hear you. We have a park 2 min. down the street from my house. I find it depends on the ages and personalities of the children in my care whether we are visiting the park 3 or 4 times a week or a couple of x a month. I have one little guy who's 2 and he does not listen, is all over the place, will take off down the hills and run into the swings that are being used. It is a nuisance and he makes it quite the trying task. These days we stay in the yard. I have a sandbox, swing sets, slides, etc. so that the children can enjoy outdoor fun right in the yard. I have to admit though, in the past, I enjoyed the park as a change of scenery for ME. I'll be terming this 2 year old in the fall so maybe we will get to enjoy the park again.

Expansive...
    Park visits have always been age dependent for me too. Or if I've had that "one" kid who just can't be trusted. This year I have two almost two year olds and two girls heading off to school this fall and park visits have been going fairly well although they never are more than 30-45 mins because it does get stressful always keeping track and making sure no one is doing something they should t be doing.

I wouldn't say anything to the parents because like someone mentioned, you may want to give it another go later on. With 7 kids though it's no wonder it was stressful, I wouldn't be able to do it with that many!

Outgoing
    Somewhat off topic, but when I was working in the city as a nanny and I would take the kids to parks (there were many various ones) I would always have to check the grounds and sand and did occasionally find dangerous things, broken glass, for example. I'm in the country now, so not an issue for me, but does this ever factor into whether or not you go to the park?