Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Tips on starting a home day care

Hello,
    I am a first time mom to a little girl, i love being home with her and I am planning on starting a home day care in the fall so I can generate income and still be home with my daughter. Any tips on starting up a home day care that anyone would like to share with me?

Thank you!

Outgoing
    First of all, go to www.cicpo.ca and familiarize yourself with the new rules that will be coming into effect in the fall. Second, write a contract stating your policies regarding illness, vacation, payment, discipline etc. a google seach of daycare contract will help or just search this site. There are many free advertising sites as well. Also check with your home and car insurance (if you plan on takiing the children in your vehicle) to make sure they will cover you for 5 children including your own. Good luck!