Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Bill 10 could someone clarify it for me please.

So glad to find this site and forum. I have been searching for weeks and making many phone calls to find out what and how bill 10 says and how it will affect me.
    So here go's. I run a strictly before and after school care. Right now I have 5 kids under 10 who are all school ages. I also have hired a 13 year old to help. I have 2 other kids who are 11 years old. I also have 3 kids of my own 9,8 and 4 our 4 year old is able to go to school in the fall FDJK however we have decided to keep him home and "homeschool" him for Jk. I want to be within the law, but can't figure out what that is or what it will look like for me come January. Please advise.

Euphoric !
    Join the cipco fb page and all the info is there ...your allowed 5 children under 13 ... Your child will count until he's 6 unless enrolled in school ft hen he wo t count during the school year( home schooling doesn't count) so your allow your child and 4 other children ... Now for the kids that are 10,11 and 12... I think the rules is if they were in your care prior to dec 4 2014 then they are grandfathered in till 2017 (not sure what date in 2017) if you started care for any one of those children after dec 4 2014 then they count .... So you will have to get rid of one of the school aged kids under ten since with your child it puts you over and depending on when the two 11 yr old started with you will decide weather you can keep them or not .... But really you should join cipco's Facebook page

Thanks so much for your help! I will check the face book page now.(I might be back with more questions, if that is ok?)

I'm back LOL I looked up cipco on facebook but found nothing related. Is that short form for something?

The new bill comes in effect this August 31st. You can have your 4yr old and four other children ages 0-12yrs. Your child with count because he won't be in school. All daycare kids will count till age 13. So your 11yrs old will count till then turn 13yrs old. If u had kids start before dec 4,14 then the new rules for them will apply January 1,2016. But from what youve said ALL the kids expect YOUR 9,8 will count. All five under ten years count and the two 11yr olds count till they turn 13yrs. that puts u over 5
    Last edited by babydom; 06-11-2015 at 08:05 AM.

Outgoing
    Yes it is, type in Coalition of Independent Childcare Providers of Ontario into the search box on Facebook.

Expansive...
    If you can't find it....PM one of us and we can invite you via email!

Euphoric !
    I was just reading some of it and it says as of aug 31 2015 you must only have 5 children including your own under the age of 13 with only 2 of those children being under 2. If a child was in care prior to dec 4 2014 then they are grandfathered in until jan 1 2016.... A provider must start counting 10, 11, and 12 yr olds as of aug 31 2017 (I'm guessing these children had to be already in are prior to dec 4 2014 and are being grandfathered in as well )

You can also join the ccprn fb page (childcare providers resource network ). All the info is there as well