Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Afterhours classes to offer

Hello,

I was looking into offering classes after daycare programs are finished for the day and or weekends\PA days. Does anyone have any ideas?

I found that At Home Alone class is quite popular, but I was unable to find any regulations in this regards.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,
    Alex

Euphoric !
    Personally if I were looking for a class like the "at home alone" or such I would be looking for it from a larger place known for offering a solid program (Red Cross, St John's Ambulance etc). I wouldn't send my child to someone's home for that.

I would send my child to someone's home for a program in music, art or other such skill that the person had a natural talent for. But, I would assume you don't have a natural talent in a sought after skill...or you wouldn't be here asking for course ideas.

It just doesn't seem like a viable business plan to try and search for a topic to lead a class about. I feel you would need a talent/passion in a subject and then look to offer a class in it. Perhaps others have different advice though.

Outgoing
    If you are looking to "teach" something, I think Lee-Bee is right, you need to be good at it. But if you are just looking for an activity, Lego is quite popular these days. If you wanted to do 5 evenings per week, you could have a different focus each day. What age group? I have never heard of At Home Alone, but I would guess 8-12? Whatever you pick, you have to enjoy it too.

Euphoric !
    Your other option would be to join a home party based company and hold events either at your house or at someone else's house such as discovery toys or Usborne books which would draw on your child learning skills but actually be aimed at the parents. Also be aware of the insurance and business in your home rules the municipality might have before deciding to offer a child based program.

Euphoric !
    The At Home Alone program is also offered for free through the library

Euphoric !
    Have you considered something like "Friday night date night"? Do themed nights for a handful of kids so parents can get out for a couple hours. Not sure how easy it would be to find families but it might be a good way of doing an after hours group without having a direct specialty.