Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boys vs Girls

Euphoric !

Boys vs Girls

How do you all find the boys in your program vs the girls? Maybe it is just the boys I have had in the program but they have all been more high maintenance, whiny and had a harder time separating from parents. The girls on the other hand are happy to come, give mom and dad a quick hug/wave and we're good to go. The boys always seem to have a great sensitivity to things too like how their shoes fit, tags in clothes, which pants they wear etc. The two boys I currently have are also first/only children so this may be more the factor then their sex.

Expansive...
    Overall, the boys have been more high maintenance for me too. Maybe it's just coincidence? There are some days where the girls are no picnic either but still the issues I have had with girls have been more manageable then the issues I've had with boys. Actually, without exception, every single boy I have cared for has had some sort of behavioral issue. But over the course of my career I've only had 3 boys as opposed to 7 girls.

The exception to this is with my own kids. My son who is the oldest is overall a dream and loves to please and my daughter is the opposite and can be quite challenging at times.

Weird!

Outgoing
    I think my opinion on this changes regularly. My own children are both girls, and almost all of my daycare children have been boys. As the boys are growing up, I'm really wishing I could have found some girls for my daycare. I see how nicely my daughter plays with other girls when we're out somewhere, and it looks so peaceful. But a year ago, I thought my all boy group was great. Yesterday, the oldest daycare boy I have (he's 3) wrapped his belt around his older brothers neck when the mom came in to pick up her. And the mom barely even noticed.

Euphoric !
    i have had mostly boys but i did have 2 girls at one time for about 18 months and ill take boys anytime ....the girls are shrieky, winey, bossy, and know it all. i never heard more tantrums theni had when those two were here.... boys ? their biggest problem is they are toy takers

Expansive...
    give me boys any day - girls are so much work and they would be able to buy and sell one of the boys and the boys would not even know it as they are too busy playing with the toys.

Shy
    When boys are younger I find them much easier to handle but when they get older some boys can get really challenging.

Euphoric !
    Give me girls any day!!!! Lol

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Maisie View Post
    When boys are younger I find them much easier to handle but when they get older some boys can get really challenging.
    I think that's it for me. I really enjoyed the boys when they were 1 and 2, but now I have one ringleader that's older that gets all the other boys acting up too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    My first group was all boys and WONDERFUL!!! I've had a group of all girls and one boy and it was horrible lol. Right now I have half and half and enjoy it but I think for the most part I would have to say I do prefer boys. They just seem to play better with each other and IME, the girls were more destructive, loud and whiny.

Outgoing
    Right now, everything is great. The girls are all 1 year apart and they get along beautifully. I have found, when there are problems, it is often when they kids are the same age. Having 2 or 3 girls all being 4 years old, for example. This is especially bad when there is an older sibling they can learn "attitude" from. I have been lucky, over all. Only a couple of really challenging kids, 1 girl and 1 boy.