Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Arrrggg !!

Starting to feel at home...
    Thank you so much for your replies!

Babydom I do not see them as strangers either as I interact with them daily. The issue is the clients I already have don't want me to allow new clients during daycare hours because they don't know them. I did offer for the parents to meet but my current client said even if she were to meet she still doesn't know them well enough to be comfortable will "strangers" (I am quoting her lol) around her child. I respect that and understand it but I just don't know what other options to give this other family. I totally agree with kids not acting the same. I had one DCB here a little later then usual which is why the interview overlapped in the first place, so the new clients did get to see a little more and the whole time he was hiding behind me lol
    Last edited by TinyTwigs; 06-11-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTwigs View Post
    ... who is interested but they wanted too see the daycare in action. I am not comfortable with so I just wanted to know if anyone else allows this or not?

I did have a mom complain once that she wouldn't feel comfortable if I allowed strangers in the daycare since she didn't know them and wasn't comfortable, which I totally understand.
    I tend to avoid potential client coming in day care hours if possible because my attention must be on the children in my care. But, I do allow it if they ask. However, I am firm about what it will entail and the timing. I not allow meals and naps to be disrupted. Because we already covered questions and because it only be permitted once serious inquiry and from someone I'd want in my business, it does not need be long appointment. 30 mins max, at time which fit day care routine and at least 48 hour notice so I can tell client another adult will be in house, when and why. My client know that I not normally have people in house during business hours but they do understand potential client sometime wants to see how their child interacts with the group.

Euphoric !
    I did offer for the parents to meet but my current client said even if she were to meet she still doesn't know them well enough to be comfortable will "strangers" (I am quoting her lol) around her child. I respect that and understand it but I just don't know what other options to give this other family.
    Although understanding this parent concern, she must also accept that you must be allowed to run business. She has to trust that you have vetted this parent, that the children will not be left in her presence without you. She has to trust your judgement.

Only other option I can think is to offer to meet in a play park if you routine take children to one. Sometimes, clients don't need all the details and essentially, it's just another Mom at the park you were chatting to.

Outgoing
    I once had a potential parent ask for the names and numbers of current parents for a references. I refused to give out this info but did offer to give her name and number to my current families so they could call. (I don't have any references in writing). She didn't take me up on it.

TinyTwigs, would your current parent like give the potential parent a call?

Starting to feel at home...
    I have three references, two are current clients and one is a previous clients. I did ask if I could use them as references before I gave out info. Is that what you mean?

Expansive...
    I use to allow Potential parents to visit during daycare hours but had one visit when a young child screamed and cried for the short visit and it made me aware that it does not suit young kids so no more, now it is after 5

Outgoing
    I have three references, two are current clients and one is a previous clients. I did ask if I could use them as references before I gave out info. Is that what you mean?
    That is what I meant. Good for you, for getting references. I have honestly never thought of it until recently. My bad.