Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Client Question?

I just spoke to a friend about the new families that will be starting. She actually knows one of my new daycare families and informed the dad is a cop. She told me she stays away from cops for her home daycare and I actually remembered seeing that here as well. How does everyone else feel about this?

Euphoric !
    I think person not defined by the job they do. Gee, most people here stumbled into child care as means to stay-home with own children. I bet we are all from all walk in life. I think your friend is entitled to her criteria and you must define for yourself your own.

Is it the shift work that behind her comment? As long as other parent work regular hours, it no different that having nurses, fire fighter or other profession.

Only profession I think we have issue with is teacher but then because sometimes they want summer off no pay yet space held. Never heard of issue with police officer as client.

Euphoric !
    I think her friends refers to what I have read here before...that police and lawyers can be, at times, harder to work with when issues arise.

Regardless make sure your contract is solid so you can fall back on that. It really does depend on the person they are (not just the career...though careers tend to draw in certain types of people).

Expansive...
    It would not bother me at all except if the kid was acting up LOL
    but even then cops what to know if their child is managing daycare okay or needs help in some way- you will be fine, they are just people too, teachers looking for Summer's off is a lot of bother

From experience I would never take a cops child again. Way to stressful. Not saying every cop is like the cop mom I had, but I now stay away from cops and parents that work for CAS. Just my preference.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I had a mom who worked at CFS (child and family services). I was a little hesitant at first. It was fine. No issues.