Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Licensing

Outgoing

Licensing

So ...

Thanks to new bill 10 I will have to let one of my kids go in order to comply with age restrictions. I was wondering if licensing would allow me more flexibility with the age groups ? To my understanding no but I thought maybe I am missing something ???

No. Same rules with licensing. No more then 2 under 2yrs old

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    So where's the incentive ? I just don't get this thing.

Starting to feel at home...
    See this is another contridiction I keep hearing, I heard that if you are regulated (work under an agency or the region) then the two under two rule applies but are allowed 6 children in total

Outgoing
    It's still the 2 under 2 that is the problem for me. I still would have to terminate one child and the extra one I could care for would only cover what income I loose to have that license. SO more work same pay and no vacations.

Yes with an agency you can six kids. But the 2 under 2 is across the broad. The incentive is the sixth spot. But in reality a lot of ppl won't do it for many reasons. One not everyone wants to work with an agency and two that sixth child will pay the agency fee and u won't get much of a difference in pay. So basically you'll have six kids but get paid for five

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    That's what I'm saying plus most of the insurance companies will not cover you for 6 kids even though law permits it.

Also, I had heard it was up to the agency worker to determine if you can have 6 kids not 5, so no guarantee

Okay so if your licensed you can have six kids or team up with another licensed provider to have 12. Wow so why can't I as a private provider team up with another private provider and have ten kids? Logically this doesn't make any sense to me.

They let you have 6 kids but put a limit of 5 to private provider. So just bc Im not paying a 500-1000 dollar monthly fee make me less responsible? That is exactly what they are implying. Private providers aren't capable of watching 6 kids on a licensed one is.

Majority of the daycare new in my area that is affiliated with negative impacts is due to LICENSED providers not private.

I overheard a provider at the park saying she doesn't care about bill 10 its actually going to benefit her bc more people will be looking for care and her spaces will quick faster!

The government is trying to say they are helping to project these kids but in reality they don't care they just want to make a buck. Even with Bill 10 how the heck do they plan on finding private providers who are over ratios or not following restrictions? They cant so their plan is to make us go against each other and do they work for them! I swear I feel like Im in the hunger games with all that's going on lol!