Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Sharing my feelings...

I never said i would do home daycare forever. i said i would do it until my youngest was in school full time. That was when i stayed home after the second child, thinking we would have liked to have 3 kids. That would have been about 7/8 yrs home in total. Right now we just have the 2 kids. I went thru a time where i was absolutely done after the second kid and i was ready to pick up and leave and work outside the home. Sometimes i think i would have loved another child but my mental health couldn't handle it then. We moved, then my hubby lost his job, then found a new one with such crappy hours, but we learned to make do but we were both exhausted. He works 12 hour days starting at dumb hours of the morning, and i run the whole house hold, plus the daycare, and do it mostly alone. As time went on and his hours changed a bit and we found ourselves in a good place, we half ass decided we would go for the third kid, i just went off the pill. if it happens, its welcome with open arms, if it doesn't happen, then thats ok too. I also tend to flip flop between "I love working at home, and i will stay for a while longer" and "yeah, I am ready to work outside the home now". Don't get me wrong, i love my daycare kids and i love being home for my kids but with both of them in school full days, i feel like i have outgrown my own daycare.

So last week, my friend told me about a job at her work. good money, decent hours and At a good place. and i really hope i get it. It would work out so well for us, i have already mapped it all out in my head . I applied and have an interview this week. At first i was anxious about all the potential changes but now i am excited for it. I am really hoping I get the job. I wasn't actively looking but its a such a good opportunity, i couldn't pass it up. So if you are the type, please pray for me or send me good luck. It's too good to pass up.

And if that baby thing pans out, thats a whole other story and life will change again....but if i am not preg and i get the job, we will be putting it off for a bit.
    Last edited by MonkeyPrincess; 06-16-2015 at 11:26 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyPrincess For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Good Luck with the interview- it does sound as it it just fell at your feet so I hope you get it!!

Expansive...
    Sending good vibes your way

I flip flopped for a while too until I decided I was just done. Doing daycare for me was great in a lot of ways and then I became so comfortable with it that I stuck with it for far longer than I should have, ignoring that part of me that was begging for something different.

I wish you the best of luck with your interview and hope everything works out for you!

Outgoing
    So i wanted to update...i got the job! They liked me and liked my resume and 'personality and ambition and think i am perfect for the job' (their words- i am not trying to be conceited . I start work in August, and i verbally told my families yesterday with a letter going out today. They thanked me for giving them lots of notice. They said some really nice things and wished me luck and said i was perfect for the job and can totally see me doing it.

I told my kids yesterday and I could see that my son (8 yrs old) was trying so hard not to cry, remembering his face makes me want to cry now. I have been home almost 6 of his 8 years. He is the more sensitive one and he will take longer to adjust. He has lots of time to get used to the idea and we will prepare him more as it gets closer. My daughter (4.5) was excited to know that she will be in the before and after school program with her friends, i don't think she totally understands that mommy is going to work at an office away from home LOL.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyPrincess For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyPrincess View Post
    So i wanted to update...i got the job! They liked me and liked my resume and 'personality and ambition and think i am perfect for the job' (their words- i am not trying to be conceited . I start work in August, and i verbally told my families yesterday with a letter going out today. They thanked me for giving them lots of notice. They said some really nice things and wished me luck and said i was perfect for the job and can totally see me doing it.

I told my kids yesterday and I could see that my son (8 yrs old) was trying so hard not to cry, remembering his face makes me want to cry now. I have been home almost 6 of his 8 years. He is the more sensitive one and he will take longer to adjust. He has lots of time to get used to the idea and we will prepare him more as it gets closer. My daughter (4.5) was excited to know that she will be in the before and after school program with her friends, i don't think she totally understands that mommy is going to work at an office away from home LOL.
    Congrats, I am so happy for you. Thanks for giving us an update! That's great news that your families have all been so positive about this great change of direction for you. As for your son, it might be that his reaction is an indication of much he needs this change too. A great learning opportunity for him to gain some independence away from you. I'm sure he will be fine, but I get how it feels to see your child chocking up over something. All the best with this new venture

Outgoing
    Thank you so much! So far the families have been supportive and none of them had a negative reaction. One parent goes "are you sure you want to go back to an office? It will be so busy-- Well, no, i guess it will be easy compared to 5 kids " LOL I looked into the DCP's in the area and gave the parents a list of 4 names they can start calling.

My son will be ok, it might take time but i hope that putting him into the school's before and after program will help make the transition easier since he will be with kids he already knows. and who knows, maybe if my husband's work doesn't screw him over too much (LOL), we won't need care every day.

Expansive...
    I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU - a change is as good as a rest it will feel like a Holiday away from daycare