Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Advertising (off of the site of course)

So I advertise here and the child I have booked was actually through this website I have been advertising on mail boxes and noticed Canada Post was taking down my flyers, so I started advertising on light posts and guess what? They are disappearing as well. I live in a brand new development right near Caledon and I cant figure out why my ads are disappearing from the posts! I have now ordered post-cards and will be dropping them off at the doors. Boo this is hard.

Euphoric !
    I stopped using flyers years ago as they just weren't all that successful. I also ran into the same problem of them being taken down. The best option, I've found, is to create a website. I've had many clients find me through a google search and quite a few have said it adds an air of professionalism. In fact, I've even had quite a few say flat out that they don't even look at providers who don't have a website. I would strongly recommend that.

Euphoric !
    Since starting my fb page for daycare, I have been overwhelmed with interest. I advertise it on local fb swap and shop pages, fb Childcare pages and our local city forum website. It's been a great asset!

Good luck, I hope you fill up soon! We all know that stress!!

Shy
    Ok.. so I just added a Facebook Page. The website I want to do BUT I really want to have it up and running for a week or 2 first so that I have more stuff to post

U can post flyers at your local grocery stores or libraries sometimes they will have a bulletin board at the front that you can post on

Shy
    Be careful advertising on mailboxes, I was told we can be fined for doing that.

Outgoing
    I had postcards made up and delivered them in my neighbourhood. Signed a few families from that form of advertising, flyers worked in the past as well.

Outgoing
    Snuggle, Could you check your PM's please? I sent you a message. thx

Starting to feel at home...
    I was told by Canada post that it is a federal offense to leave advertisements on mailboxes.

Shy
    Thanks everyone! I have stopped the mailbox thing cause it was wasting my ink and paper, not to mention my time. I just put out a lawn sign as it was just delivered. The postcards didn't arrive yet but they should be here early this week. Gotta hope the weather stays nice so I can go door to door. I have tried 3 stores and all 3 of them did not have the bulletin board which really sucks. I live in a brand new area which means I don't know a lot of people to help me spread the word you know? I replied to you MonkeyPrincess