Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...
    How would you know what side of the law I am on? Just bc I don't see the big deal in someone taking in ONE child for a friend or babysitting nights without writing receipts doesn't make you any better? There are no loop hole only FACTS. Someone peoples don't have an issue over every little thing.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    Suzie_Homemaker...! IF YOUR DAUGHTER WAS IN COLLEGE AND SHE MADE 60.00 A WEEK DURING THE SUMMER BABYSITTING AT NIGHT...ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU WOULD MAKE HER CLAIM IT ON INCOME TAX....COME ON
    Actually sandylynn, my daughter made $75 a week driviing one of my daycare children to school last year and I DID make her claim it and file a tax return! And she was 21. Filing taxes allows them to get the GST credit and the Trillium credit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Glad to hear...but I do still believe your case is far and few between!

Euphoric !
    Suzie_Homemaker...! IF YOUR DAUGHTER WAS IN COLLEGE AND SHE MADE 60.00 A WEEK DURING THE SUMMER BABYSITTING AT NIGHT...ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU WOULD MAKE HER CLAIM IT ON INCOME TAX....COME ON
    My son made $65 a week in Pizza Hut and yes, he did claim it.

It good that TinyTwig has husband who lawyer as she might need probono legal help with these morals. Maybe he give you discount to?

How do we know what side of law you on? Because you told us. You on side of tax fraud when you think it okay. This doubly whammy to most people. Not only do tax avoiders skip payments that go towards service they benefit from, but also, they artificially inflate the income based child credit for own children, meaning those who are paying taxes pay twice for the same selfish person.

It good that you can hide behind screen name as I would have no issue in flagging both of you to CRA if had real names. Maybe someone who work for CRA and smarter than me, have enough information from reading both your posts on this public forum to take action.

Since only action I can take is to block you both, that what I will do as not interested in views from people who endorse illegal activities. Their morals and sense of common decency likely screwy anyway.

Euphoric !
    I personally don't see the big deal. We hired a guy for a few weekends to help my husband, paid in cash. I doubt he claimed it.

When I was a teen and babysat I never claimed it either.

I think there is a big difference in someone opening a daycare and not claiming her income compared to a mom looking after her friends kids and getting a bit of cash as compensation. Yes it may be "against the law" but I can guarantee have all "broke the law" at one point or another in some aspect of our life.

Each to their own. As a parent I would want the tax receipt so would not use someone that wouldn't give one.

For those who say report! Well that is what is wrong with society these days IMO. Too many people putting their noses in other peoples business.
    Last edited by mickyc; 06-25-2015 at 09:15 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    For those who say report! Well that is what is wrong with society these days IMO. Too many people putting their noses in other peoples business.
    What is wrong, is that too many people think the are above the law and the rest of us, pay double for their views.

Three children being looked after is above the level some province allow. So whether it Mom or daycare provider, it is an income equal to an above board provider.

It reason like this home day care have bad name.

Here, a provider just closed down by Community Service. She have 15 children in her care, We allowed 7. But hey, she was just a mom looking after kids trying to earn a buck.

Another provider on mat leave, refused receipts to her clients because she earned more than $50 a week on top of mat pay. She also closed her door Friday, texted client on Saturday and began new job on Monday. But hey, she was just a mom looking after kids trying to earn a buck.

One more - agency approved this time. Caught out the week before March break when parent come early for child. Door unlocked, parent walk in to find own daughter (age 2) trying to put on shoes to go home. Two 3 year olds wondering around house too. Where was carer? Down road, meeting own kids off school bus. Didn't see parent pull up because of snow bank. But hey, she was just a mom looking after kids trying to earn a buck.

Wouldn't want to report anyone for putting kids at risk, for tax fraud, for being deceptive to parent wanting tax credit. No need to anyone to step up when kids at risk. Would not want to be viewed as nosy after all.

Let's all turn blind eye to rapist, murderer, tax dodger, thief, benefit fraud. After all, not affect us if these people on streets, artificially inflating costs for the honest folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    My son made $65 a week in Pizza Hut and yes, he did claim it.

It good that TinyTwig has husband who lawyer as she might need probono legal help with these morals. Maybe he give you discount to?

How do we know what side of law you on? Because you told us. You on side of tax fraud when you think it okay. This doubly whammy to most people. Not only do tax avoiders skip payments that go towards service they benefit from, but also, they artificially inflate the income based child credit for own children, meaning those who are paying taxes pay twice for the same selfish person.

It good that you can hide behind screen name as I would have no issue in flagging both of you to CRA if had real names. Maybe someone who work for CRA and smarter than me, have enough information from reading both your posts on this public forum to take action.

Since only action I can take is to block you both, that what I will do as not interested in views from people who endorse illegal activities. Their morals and sense of common decency likely screwy anyway.
    My husband is a lawyer,too bad he isn't a psychiatrist so I could give you a discount for some therapy sessions because only a crazy person reacts the way you go. Grow up lady and get off your high horse!

As for your son I am more then positive he made at least minimum wage and I am sure as you are well aware of minimum wage since clearly you think you work for the CRA that a mother watching her childs friends makes a lot less then that which is why it isn't a big deal.

Go ahead report whatever you would like to crp and I will make sure to report you to the mental health and wellness service! GROW UP

How dare you bash someone for making their own opinion! Some people are more easy going then others and don't feel to the need to report everything little thing and then some people are like you who have nothing but time or feel the need to get involved in everyone business and try to justify it by "we can't turn a blind eye"!!
    Sorry to break it too you but not everyone who doesn't live their life by the books its some kind of criminal. I for one never ever said on this form that I run my daycare illegally all I said is if I was in a situation where I friend needed help I would take in their one child with a claiming! If someone people choose to do that that's their propagative not yours!
    Last edited by TinyTwigs; 06-25-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Shy
    Wow, I got a little more information/opinions then I thought! Just needed a little insight regarding pricing and seems like I opened a can of worms!! but thank you for the feed back

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atos For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Atos View Post
    Wow, I got a little more information/opinions then I thought! Just needed a little insight regarding pricing and seems like I opened a can of worms!! but thank you for the feed back
    No problem!

I hope everything works out and do what it best for you! Good luck

I would charge 45$ a day for your one yr old and 20$ each for the school kids. So 85$ a day. And then 45$ per child on pd days and school holidays so 135$. Good luck!