Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    There are lots of these types of scams that go around each year.

Shy
    To whom this may concern,

I received an email about childcare for a couple who would be coming to Canada from the UK for a Christian Missionary trip. They would be bringing their Son “Peter” with them and would be requiring childcare for him for the month of December.

I told them that I could do the service, and quoted them my service fee. They told me that they would have their Christian Sponsor send me my fee, plus their air ticketing fees. That I would cash the certified cheque and send them the difference via Western Union to their “Travel Agent”.

When I declined doing this, I have not received another email from them.

I would like to make you aware, that what they were wanting me to do was a fraud! They were going to send me a phony cheque, get me to cash it, and forward the difference of the money. Then the cheque would bounce and I would be out that money.

Just want people to be aware and be careful when dealing with odd requests like this one!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Stacey

I have had a weird experience about a family moving from Mexico and needing daycare. His name is Luke Moory (he says) and he even sent a picture of his family?? He has changed his arrival dates twice and even though I told him not to worry about a deposit and just to get a hold of me when he arrives he is very adamant I send him my name and address so he can send me a deposit. I told him that wasn't important and again told him to reach me by the number I gave him when he arrived...as of yet have not heard back from him. My gut feeling tells me it's a scam..so beware if he contacts you!

It is a scam...the name has been used all over the province to my knowledge with bogus enquiries left right and centre. DELETE!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

I have since read up on daycare scams and this Mexico one was listed..people...who can you trust anymore! Don't believe I will hear back from him again since I didn't do as he asked