Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Daycare scammers

Please be aware there is another daycare scammer sending out false daycare needed from the U.K. The name I was given was Crystal Eclestone. Something similar has gone around before and some daycare providers have been burned by giving these people personal information and even money. Do not respond to these type of ads. I caught one out that I was having email conversations with when they called their child by a different name by the third or fourth email. I asked them to pay me in cash and I never heard from them again!
    Be aware!

June

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Junelouise For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I just received an e-mail from these people this morning, I thought it was kind of strange that they were from England! I'm also thinking because this has happened a few times maybe they should be reported.
    I asked them to call me directly if they wanted any more info and they never did!

Euphoric !
    What often happens with that scheme is they claim to need care for a short period of time and will pay you upfront. They send you a cheque but make it out for more than the agreed on amount and then ask for a refund. The cheque bounces but by this time you have already sent them a legitimate cheque for the excess - or what you thought was but it comes directly from your pocket. This was a very popular scheme going around the US awhile ago.

Expansive...
    I got the same email and was just contemplating whether to even reply with a decline (I don't even work half of December and they were looking for care for the whole month of December) or whether to just ignore it. Then I decided to come on here to see if this was something going around and I am glad I am not the only one.

I had some people from Ireland or Scotland contact me last year too. Very annoying

Starting to feel at home...
    These people contacted me last night as well.

Same here. When I had ads up while trying to become a nanny, I always had these in my junk mail. It's been going around on and off for at least 10 years!

Outgoing
    I got this exact email this morning! I thought it sounded weird so I just told them I could not help them with their...just goes to show you. sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling!

I just got that today, and it had too many unanswered questions to be legit. Couldn't figure out thier angle though - what their intention would be in the scam. I suppose the asking for money would come if I had replied? thanks for posting - I was really wondering about it.

I just received this same email today, from the same person. I am glad I had read about this and knew that it was a scam right from the beginning.

Expansive...
    I had another email from a member alerting me to phonies, please ladies remain ever cautious.