Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

My 5 yr old DD has been amazing!

I was so nervous about having my 5 yo home for the summer I booked her into all kinds of camps spread out through out the summer. I know its only day 2 but it has been so nice to have her around. I feel like I have someone I can have a real conversation with! She has been amazing with the little ones and has been so good once I explained the DC rules and has been setting a good example. At nap time she is doing crafts quietly in her room or playing her Leapster. I know it's only day 2 but this has taken such a weight off my shoulders. Yesterday I rewarded her and her sister by taking them swimming at a local pool after DC and tonight we're going to the park. We're a little house bound with my young group so I think it is nice to do these things after DC.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

That's so nice to hear. My own kids have never ever been an issue with daycare and were 3 and 4 when I started. Always so cooperative with my requests, no complaints about daycare kids using their rooms for napping and super helpful helping me with activities and even diaper changes that they liked to do at one point lol I've been super lucky and even now that they are 14 and 12 1/2 they are still fantastic. I hear so many people grumble about their kids being home all summer, but I love it and always have. I sometimes feel a bit guilty about having to put the little ones 1st, but they seem to get it and don't seem to bare any resentment towards sharing me as caregiver. Your post makes me happy and I'm so glad to hear you recognize how amazing your kids are. I can feel your smile in your post :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    That is great! I hope she continues to be enthusiastic about her new role in the daycare. I love it when they are old enough to carry on a conversation and be helpful with the little ones. Congrats.
    Last edited by kindertime; 07-01-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Euphoric !
    That's awesome! Makes your life a bit easier