So I hired an amazing assistant. She started today and I really like her. When I hired her I had hoped to keep her on two mornings a week and cover any appts I have until I go on maternity leave (she doesn't know I am pregnant at the moment). Looking at my fiances though, I don't know if I can give her those 2 shifts after the summer. I also don't know if I really need her after the summer aside from my appts (my DD will be back in school and I may be down a child). I could keep her maybe one morning per week and any appts. Things are really changing for me as I have one little one leaving in a month and the child taking her place in Sept doesn't know that I am pregnant and I will be closing mid February. I have decided I will call the family and tell them mid July so they can either decide to find alternative/longer term care or stay with me. I just don't think its ethical to have them start knowing that I will be closing shortly there after...what should I do? I don't have a contract with the assistant but when I originally met with her I had hoped that the 2 shifts could have turned into more the more pregnant I got but this doesn't look realistic anymore, especially since I need to earn as mush as possible before I go on mat leave...