Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assistant

Euphoric !

Assistant

So I hired an amazing assistant. She started today and I really like her. When I hired her I had hoped to keep her on two mornings a week and cover any appts I have until I go on maternity leave (she doesn't know I am pregnant at the moment). Looking at my fiances though, I don't know if I can give her those 2 shifts after the summer. I also don't know if I really need her after the summer aside from my appts (my DD will be back in school and I may be down a child). I could keep her maybe one morning per week and any appts. Things are really changing for me as I have one little one leaving in a month and the child taking her place in Sept doesn't know that I am pregnant and I will be closing mid February. I have decided I will call the family and tell them mid July so they can either decide to find alternative/longer term care or stay with me. I just don't think its ethical to have them start knowing that I will be closing shortly there after...what should I do? I don't have a contract with the assistant but when I originally met with her I had hoped that the 2 shifts could have turned into more the more pregnant I got but this doesn't look realistic anymore, especially since I need to earn as mush as possible before I go on mat leave...

Euphoric !
    when should I tell my assistant I'm pregnant? It definitely will effect her so I do want to tell her and I think she would use discretion with the families who will not know until mid Sept/Oct.

Euphoric !
    I think if she came to you expecting certain number of shift and she now getting only half that, you should tell her. Tell her it all, be clear that you are expecting description but at least she then know you not unhappy with her service. She might need to find other job.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post: