Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Parents Just Don't Give A Shit

I am so mad right now ugh!

I had a new family that signed on three weeks ago today. I have had to constantly remind them that they have to pick up as it was written down on their contract. I also had to remind them that I do quick drops off bc dad walked into daycare with shoes on sat down with his daughter and started reading her a book !

I have also told them that they need to pick up their child as we agreed upon what they signed on the contract and if they drop off later then I expect them to let me know. Last week they came an hour later and the child didn't have breakfast. He told me he didn't but I go over everyone that cut off times for breakfast during interviews.

The DCM messaged me around 2 asking if it was ok to pick up DCG an hour later. I said no you need to pick up during the times we agreed on bc I plan my days around the pick up/drop off times that we agreed on. She never messaged back and I messaged an hour ago asking if she was near by bc we have a playdate group planned that I had to pay with for the kids. She's still not here, she's late, she never messaged me back and we missed the play date group as well as I lost the money I have paid for it (it wasn't a free one). I am actually so pissed off and really want to know what I should do
    Last edited by TinyTwigs; 07-08-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Simply put, these parents would not last three weeks at my daycare. Attitudes like these parents have, would be grounds for termination.

As far as pick ups, do you have a late fee? I have it in my contract that after 2 late pickups with no good reason, it will lead to termination the third time. I would not put up with this obvious disrespect at all. If you sign a contract agreeing to policies, you follow them or you're out.

If I were you, I would have a serious talk with them and if they still don't smarten up, I would terminate.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattsmom For This Useful Post:

SHOW HER THE DOOR!!! Sorry but that IS NOT ok!! She should so pay those playdate fees and your late fees. I would tell her again the pick up time and drop off rules. If she picks up late again its an automatic termination. DO NOT go lightly on this one and say no worries it's ok. Show that your mad and that u lost money. Show ur text saying no to later pick up. Say u will not allow this again. If u go easy she'll start walking all over you. Show her your the boss. Ugh!! I'm like so fuming for you.....lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

your responses just made my day so much better !!!

So this is what happened....I text daycare dad and simply said you need to pick out within your hours and if you cant please find alternative pick up bc the next time this happens I will terminate. He picked up with 15 mins lol and acted like no had NO IDEA what was going on with DCM. he kept saying for he didn't want to get terminated. Well I flipped that phone right open and let him read the whole conversation and I told him we both have IPhones so you can see she read it she just didn't respond to me. He knew damn well what was going on! It's so ironic how I say no and doesn't show up dad comes a four hmmm. Anyway I told him bc of Bill 10 I can't have over laps at pick up bc 90 percent of my clients have kids and those kids will count in my number so I schedule everything accordingly. I just got a text from DCM apologizing and saying it will never happen again and she offered to pay for the play group.

Im so tired already and I have only been doing this job for 2 month lmao

I do get really upset bc I worked my butt off my my daycare and and my education and no my husband didn't help in anyway it was all me. It took 7 years to become a Montessori teacher and to deal with crap like this knowing what I did and how good I am at my job makes me so upset.

Euphoric !
    Meet her at the door with a termination letter. Include in the letter how her inconsideration effected the daycare group and that that is not going to be tolerated. If they are doing this in the first month it will only get worse. They are the type that think you work for them. They can get themselves a nanny they can control. You do not deserve this kind of treatment and the others should not be suffering.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    You rock! Sounds like they are perhaps ready to take you seriously now and will respect your agreed upon contract terms. You stood strong and they now know there is little wiggle room for them to do as they please!

I hope they turn out to be great clients!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    How is it going today?

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    How is it going today?
    She doesn't come on Thursdays but she will be here tomorrow. She offered to pay for the playgroup/outing I paid for that the other kids missed bc she was late after I told her no you cant pick up an hour later as you have to pick up at your scheduled time. Well she was late and ironically husband picks up an hour later after I called them so god only knows when they were planning on coming. It's weird bc she never asked how much the playgroup was lol I have a feeling shes not going to asking hoping that I will not bring it up or forget. Just in case she is going to do this is it rude if I ask for the money and how should I ask if its okay.

I have been under a lot of pressure lately with the kids and just regular life that I have lost my mind lol so I think im not asking for something that should be paid for by her since she was an a** so I'm thinking this is what I am going to say in the morning at drop off as shes about to leave

"oh and for the missed playdate on Wednesday please just add $40 dollars owed to next weeks payment" hahaha I think that will do it

and this is the response I will get from her

"OH I totally forgot yes yes of course"

uh huh well now she will unforget and have no excuse not to bring it for next weeks payment!
    Last edited by TinyTwigs; 07-09-2015 at 07:59 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyTwigs For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would add a clause to your contract that states if a parent fails to pick up on their scheduled time and this causes you to miss a paid outing that the parent is responsible for reimbursing you for money lost.

Unless it is in your contract you really cannot enforce it. So if she refuses to actually pay then there isn't anything you can do.

Seeing that your contracted times for pickup are not flexible do you enforce a late pickup fee? I would if it affects your group that much.

oh yes there is....if she doesn't pay for the playdate group she will be terminated. No one will be wasting my time on my dollar. parents who are deliberating showing up late after I say no you must pick up at your regular time are not going to coming to my daycare period. It's not even about a late fee its about respect. If you ask me to pick up later and I say no and then you don't respond and pick up later even after I said NO. Goodbye and see you later! no one will stressing me out for 2.5 an hour.