Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Rate increases-Bill 10

Has anyone in the GTA raised rates yet for the "under 2's" category due to the Bill10limits? Will you do so after Proclamation, or wait until Jan 1/16?
    Alot of ECE run home daycares in my area have jumped up $5 a day for the "under 2's" and some have done it for all age groups to offset the loss of empty spaces sitting open for the "over 2's"
    Have you increased rates for new clients only, or across the board with everyone?
    I'm afraid of losing potential clients with a $5 a day jump, but I'm not sure how else to offset lost $ for open spaces. I'm in Halton area, where most charge $45-$50a day.
    Feedback and suggestions please! Thanks.

Outgoing
    I am still deciding whether I will raise my rates or not.

Euphoric !
    I am going on mat leave in February so I won't be bothering to raise my rates. I am probably going to tell my PT client that they either need to move to full time or move on though. She is under 2 and only 3 days a week.

Euphoric !
    I think I might not have to raise my rates. My current clients have mentioned at different times trying to work their next mat leaves around my availability. They've all said that they want to keep their kids in through mat leave, then move them to preschool or JK (whichever happens first) and move the babies into place. I was concerned about a conflict due to similar ages but one family works for the airport and can take extra mat leave till I"m ready. And my sister is planning to pull my niece when it works best for my ratios. Woo hoo!!! I think I might be set for quite a few years yet

Shy
    I have given notice to my current families that I am increasing my weekly minimum from 2 days a week to 3 days a week, as well as a $5/day increase. I've had no complaints yet. It's the only way I can stay in business. I believe it to be fair, and afterall, it is the government's fault, not my choice.

Outgoing
    I have my letter regarding rate increase ready to give to the parents ...effective Sept 1st. I am wondering if the parents will think I am doing this because of the 60.00/month (retro) child benefit increase they are getting? It is coincidental....but I haven't raised my rate in like 10 years!

Euphoric !
    You just gave me a good idea! When I announce my pregnancy I will also include a statement of making the decision to not raise rates due to Bill 10 because I am closing. Hopefully this will encourage them to stay until the end.

Outgoing
    Well good news for me....parents got the increase in rate letter (and it wasn't a small increase) ...have heard back from 4/5 and all are completely fine with it...still waiting for the 1 I expected not to respond right away...and I'm ready for her......HIP HIP HORRAY....BRING IT ON!

Euphoric !
    How much did you increase your rates?

Outgoing
    I increased it $3.00/day....one mom said she was not surprised..I increased my rate....that I was undercharging (compared to the rates she has come across, some in excess of 50-70 a day!!!!) Another mom...."Oh gosh I am fine with this...I am just grateful that we found you"....
    Last edited by sandylynn; 08-26-2015 at 12:45 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sandylynn For This Useful Post: