Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    No you don't. |I never give out SIN number. I have claimed on my end and families have always gotten their return. I even asked my accountant what they need and he even confirmed that don't need my SIN number so I never give it out unless they really need it. It's not safe to be giving your SIN number out like that.

Even when I had my youngest in a home daycare all I asked/got was a receipt with a signature on it and had no problem getting a return.

There is a post somewhere on hear where giving out SIN numbers was the topic and many don't.
    Last edited by TinyTwigs; 07-12-2015 at 10:09 AM.

I also don't give my SIN out. This is my 6th year. Only ever had two parents ask for it so I provided it. But I don't give it out and nothing has ever been said. I claim they claim every yr.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I definitely would NOT give out any personal info especially your SIN, I've never given it out and it has never been an issue in 9 years. This person could be a scammer, beware!

Expansive...
    I don't give my Sin out either and it's my 12th year - these clients are too nosey !!!!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Bee View Post
    My first response would be to ask WHY they want each of those. They may have a reasonable (though misguided) answer.

THEN, inform them they will receive a receipt at year end with your SIN and other needed information. Tell them who (as in my husband, a child) live with me but they do not need any more than that. Your drivers licence serves them no purpose.

They should have asked for this before beginning care with you.

Do you have a contract with them? It sounds like they feel you are working for them. This is not going to work long term. They need to understand you work for yourself and they are your clients and they need to respect the terms you set out.
    But a lot of parents do think "we work for them"...they think "I hired you to look after my child so you work for me!

Euphoric !
    I don't give out my sin either .... I have a bin instead ... And they don't need your licence