Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Any ideas on advertising

Ive recently joined the Home daycare field, and was wondering if anyone had any different ideas for advertising and how to get new kids. Ive tried bearcare which is great, kijiji you get alot of scammers, so where else do i look.

Euphoric !
    Depending on where you live look for provider support groups in your area on facebook. I know here in Ottawa we have local area groups that parents can join too who are looking for care. Daycarebear and kijiji have been the best for me. Never had a problem with scammers really. godaycare and daycarecanada are other options to look into. I have never found it is worth any of the places you need to pay to advertise because there are so many free sites. It can take up to 6 months to get the word out about your daycare and get spaces filled. If you are willing to take school age kids be sure to visit the school the beginning of the year and see if the office keeps a list of providers in the area parents can access. All summer be sure to visit different playgrounds and strike up a conversation with providers and families there letting them know what you do. Be sure to have some business cards or pieces of paper with your name and contact info on it that you can pass on to the families. Look for playgroups or similar drop in type of thing - the idea is to make yourself visible to families that might be looking for care.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Some grocery stores, playgroups and libraries have bullent boards to post on. I also put posters on park benches.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post: