Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTwigs View Post
    I never implied in my post that YOU specifically were parenting anyone's child. I said in general I know providers do that. Smearing poop on the walls or floor isn't normal behaviour and I wouldn't put up with that and also if he changed and was altogether a different child I don't think you would have a hole in your mattress.
    I am on your side here lol The poop smears and mattress incidents alone make me fume for you lol I can't even believe there was more in between!
    I think it happens more often than you think that a child takes a diaper off at nap time and messes with it. What's normal for one kid is not for another and it's absolutely normal for a child to test boundaries even if sometimes that means acting out in an extreme way. A lot of kids can not control their impulses. My daughter smeared Poo all over her cot at 14 months, so she isn't normal....that's fine, she turned out okay. It was a one off and because I handled it in a certain manner, it didn't happen again. Or maybe it was just shear luck lol Huge difference between a 2 year old doing that and a 4 year old. Kids go through phases and his behaviour at 2 would have been due to different reasons than his acting out over the past 6 months and he wasn't a naughty kid back then. As I said, was an isolated incident. I'm not a push over nearly 10 years in my job. If it had been chronic back then, I would have termed but it wasn't. I also think it is normal for two and three year olds to go through phases that even when very bad, can be resolved. If I'd terminated at every episode of bad behaviour Id have no kids. Even when something huge occurs, I think every child deserves some extra effort to help them overcome these issues. It's only his recent spout of incidents and his bad attitude over the last 6 months that has become a chronic problem. And as I said, had it not been for my planned closure, he would have been gone already.

I also didn't take it as providers in general that you were refering to as you clearly stated a few times the word "you" in relation to the subject matter. I get it though. The beauty of this kind of communication and how easily info is misinterpreted. Thanks for clarifying though.
    Last edited by bright sparks; 07-18-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTwigs View Post
    I never implied in my post that YOU specifically were parenting anyone's child. I said in general I know providers do that. Smearing poop on the walls or floor isn't normal behaviour and I wouldn't put up with that and also if he changed and was altogether a different child I don't think you would have a hole in your mattress.
    I am on your side here lol The poop smears and mattress incidents alone make me fume for you lol I can't even believe there was more in between!
    Oddly enough smearing poop is actually a fairly common incident with toddlers. I've known many perfectly normal, well behaved children that have done this.

Doing this continually, in addition to other red flag behaviors is another story but as a one off incident it is indeed fairly 'normal'.

Starting to feel at home...
    No I did not mentions you in anyway for parenting/co parenting. If you look up in the conversation you can see I never mentioned your name and said "some providers".

Everyone has different opinions as to what they find as normal/not normal behaviour. Just like the opinions with the ice cream treat.

As for you implying that I said your child wasn't normal for smearing poo on the walls or floor I never said that. I simply said that that type of BEHAVIOUR wasn't normal and for me personally I don't think it is and that is just the way I see it. I have four kids and many nieces and nephews and friends with kids and that it something that has never happened.
    Many might find it perfectly normal but I my opinion I don't after the age of two.
    Thanks

Expansive...
    /
    wow!!!! Bright Sparks what a end to your home daycare career, if it was me I would be running to university looking forward to all the new changes even if I was nervous about it all and close the book on daycare for good , and enjoy your holiday with your family in England

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    /
    wow!!!! Bright Sparks what a end to your home daycare career, if it was me I would be running to university looking forward to all the new changes even if I was nervous about it all and close the book on daycare for good , and enjoy your holiday with your family in England
    Thanks so much for the well wishes Van. I'm looking forward to University for sure, but I'm also a little sad closing this chapter even when there are little buggers like this fella lol I've had the luxury of being here for my own kids 24/7 and like anything, you don't know what you've got till its gone. I'm going to miss that aspect a lot, but I know that it is the right time and will give them greater opportunities for independence.

7 more daycare days till I close and 11 more days till we go on our 3 week vacation. Baptism, Bridal Shower and Wedding in England, Family reunion on my husbands side coming together from Canada, UK and Portugal and then a vacation just the 4 of us to stay in a treehouse in France with a stop off in Belgium along the way. I CAN'T WAIT!! Going to be our last vacation for a long while.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Can I come too????

Enjoy!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Give a little wave when you are flying over Ireland for me
    Enjoy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    Thanks so much for the well wishes Van. I'm looking forward to University for sure, but I'm also a little sad closing this chapter even when there are little buggers like this fella lol I've had the luxury of being here for my own kids 24/7 and like anything, you don't know what you've got till its gone. I'm going to miss that aspect a lot, but I know that it is the right time and will give them greater opportunities for independence.

7 more daycare days till I close and 11 more days till we go on our 3 week vacation. Baptism, Bridal Shower and Wedding in England, Family reunion on my husbands side coming together from Canada, UK and Portugal and then a vacation just the 4 of us to stay in a treehouse in France with a stop off in Belgium along the way. I CAN'T WAIT!! Going to be our last vacation for a long while.
    Oh wow bright sparks that sounds like such an awesome vacation! Have a blast and enjoy your new life.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to daycaremom9 For This Useful Post:

Got a call 5:30 yesterday afternoon from Sealy saying they don't have the iron on labels anymore. Crap!! Waiting to hear back from management now as to the warranty if I get my own patch. It's not looking good for this kids mother after todays behaviour along with what looks like a full mattress replacement. It's not like I'm not trying to find a solution that works for both of us, but I want to protect my investment and not be stuck with the expense of replacing the mattress in a couple of years because her sons actions voided the warranty...gahhh what a last couple of weeks!

Outgoing
    Well if you had any reservations about your decision, this only makes you feel better about everything and you will not be second guessing yourself.