Hi.
I am currently enrolled in college for Early Childhood Education. I am in my second placement at a YMCA preschool. I do not like or agree with some of the policies they have ( I wont go into detail on here, mainly issues with the educational side of it.) Because of this, I am thinking of opening my own before and after school program out of my home. My question is....Because I will be a Certified Ece ( I do plan on enrolling with the ECE college) I have First Aid (c.p.r, and defibrillator use) and police clearances (all information will be up to date and on display for parents to see) I also plan to have an "Educational standing", meaning if the child is struggling with school subjects, my focus would be to try to help them whether through a hands on approach ( at the table, one on one) or through "play to learn", Which is based on learning the child's interest and combining it with the work to encourage them more. Anyhow, I am wondering if these approaches will allow me to charge my clients more then an "Average" before and after school program? also, should I license my program or go unlicensed?
Thanks in advance for any advice!!