Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Excellent Decision Quiting Daycare

It's almost two weeks since I started working, my first week was hard juggling after running a home daycare for 8 years. I was asked to start my work on a Friday, I only had two families remaining. I advised them that my last day of care would be the Friday well I get a text Thursday at 4:45 p.m. I can't find care for my daughter, will you be returning me my $36.00 as I have to pay someone. My response was your kidding me and I also said, I am taking a sick day tomorrow. This is how my last day of daycare ended after taking care of this child for 2 1/2 year wow. I do not miss daycare whatoever my daycare is now my work-out room. My kids miss me a lot. The new Bill was going to affect my income having three licensed daycare in my neighborhood and the age ratio especially that most of my inquiries where for children 12 months. I received quite a few inquiries once, I decided to shut down. There was no turning back, sold lots of my daycare equipment and donated some toys to one of my families. Wasn't expecting to find a job so fast but I beleive things happen for a reason. I will visit the site once in a while read the posts and nod my head lol. Have a awesome summer my friends. Pink xx

Euphoric !
    Enjoy the new adventure. And yes come back and tell us what it like on the other side.

Shy
    That's exactly what I plan on doing with my toyroom when I close is turning it into a gym. I also want to turn the playground area into a garden and get a little greenhouse. I'll be honest and I'm actually jealous of everyone on here who is able to close. I haven't been able to figure out what I want to do next so my next goal to close is June 2016 (didn't meet my fall of 2015 goal lol). The cost of living is increasing so much which means I need to increase my fees and it's just getting too expensive for parents. Subsidy in my province hasn't increased in 15 years and parents get mad at me when their parent portions are high. Their incomes are also increasing which decreases the subsidy payment, but they need to make a decent income to get by too. I also need to make more than minimum wage for this to be worth it for the amount of hours I'm open. It's just going to get worse as the cost of living keeps increasing. I'm also sick of turning parents away cuz I am full. I would like a business where I don't have to turn away customers!

Euphoric !
    Enjoy your new job!

I don't think this job will be long term for me. Now that my daughter is getting older I find myself looking at job postings. She starts kindergarten this fall and goes every second day. Once she gets to grade 1 I will seriously consider moving on. I have toyed with the idea of only doing before/after school care and then getting a job during the day. What I would really want is to run a business. Not sure what though. We have been looking. We looked at a seasonal business just the other day with huge potential but there was zero profits. I just couldn't give up my wage for something that just doesn't have much profit at the start.

I like being home, I make alright money but it just isn't the same when my daughter isn't here. We will see. I could just be getting older and need a change. Maybe a different haircut? Lol