Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Do you close if your own kids are sick?

If your own child has a cold, do you close down your day home?

Outgoing
    a cold? no. I'd never be open this year! Even ear infections, I don't anymore, since the ear infection itself isn't contagious, but the cold before was, which we're usually passed by the time the ear infection comes. I close for flus (gastros), bronchitis, just before Christmas it was strep throat with scarlet fever...those type of things. Depends of course on the contagiousness and my ability to take care of my sickie and all the others. I also give the parents the choice sometimes....since some are at home or have easy access to grandparents. If they're not comfortable, I give them the choice to find care elsewhere and don't charge, since it's not their fault. But a cold is inevitable and all kids will be around it at some point.

Starting to feel at home...
    Two of my children are old enough to stay in their rooms when they are sick. The other two are too young and so when they are sick I usually send them to my mother's house. She lives right down the street from us and my mom will come get them. They love it! Get pampered by grandma!

I try to only close for when I am sick. I do get migraines occasionally, so I am very stingy with my sick days so that I can use them for that.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

Outgoing
    Thats kind of what i thought - colds, no. Worse than colds, yes.
    My baby (6 mths) has a cold but has been spending a lot of time during the day sleeping. I figure if i closed for colds then id never have kids...little ones always seem to have sniffles or minor coughs of some sort.

I

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    I have only closed 3 times due to illeness in my family . Last year I'm almost certain we got H1N1 . And this month I have had to shut down twice due to a major case of the stomach flu. Not fun I tell you !
    I get colds all the time and stay open otherwise I would always be closed.
    If my kids are too sick and I know they will require all of my attention I usually get their daddy to stay home and help out
    All the daycare moms are either stay at home moms or on mat leave so they don;t mind if I close (thank goodness!)

OH yes, Sunflower! If forgot about that! I also make my husband stay home with our own children if they are sick too. We have a mainfloor daycare...so he chills with them in our bedroom or in the basement family room/playroom.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

If my children are sick I will inform the parent then gve them the option of coming.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by giraffe View Post
    If my children are sick I will inform the parent then gve them the option of coming.
    This...unless they are very very sick and extremely contagious. But for the most part I will call all the parents and give them the choice...half will keep their kids home and half will still bring them.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

i give my parents a choice and or if my kids are too sick, I have onle closed once due to gasto

usually i give to my boy some good pills.