Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Back to Opening a Daycare

I've finished a three years + stint as a nanny....and now, at the age of 60 I'm looking to opening my home to childcare again. I'm doing this out of necessity, as a supplement. I plan to even care for only 3 children (due to my age).....

The new regulation - I've only learned while shopping for toys at a garage sale - sounds scary! They're talking $100,000.00 fines for "infractions."

What infractions do they mean?

I tried to find any detailed information about it online but can't seem to find it!

Do you know any details about this? Thanks.

Outgoing
    Check this forum for Bill 10 in the Search. This is a popular topic so there is lots of discussion.

If you are only going to have 3 children, you should be fine (max is 5) and as long as only 2 of them are under 2 years old, you should also be fine. Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Our childcare support association here in Ottawa has been keeping us abreast of the changes. They have opened up access to anyone in Ontario so they can be kept updated. Go to the website and make a free account so you can access the newsletter as information will come out in that. There is some information under news. You can also go directly to the Ontario legislature site and look under bills and be able to download a PDF copy of bill 10. There is also a regulations page the ministry has put out that has some information on it that simplifies some of the rules. There are several facebook groups that have been created to share questions and get answers including one called home child care matters that you might want to consider joining. There will be some important information in the files section of the group. Here is the link for my childcare association: www.ccprn.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Hi Betsy, you can also go to www.cicpo.ca. We are a group of providers that started out fighting the Bill now we are trying to educate the public about the new reality of Bill 10.