Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Re: Quad Foundation Strollers

For those who'd used this product, how do you like it? Is it easy to manage especially when you've got all seats filled by kids?

How does it perform in winter time (on snowy sidewalks)?

Is the handle brake user-friendly?

Please give your review. Thanks.

Outgoing
    I bought mine used and the previous owner had used those zap-straps to secure the hand-break. Since there are zero hills or even inclines on my school run, I left it to ease the strain on my hands. The foot break still works fine if I need it.

I found it fairly decent to turn and push when full of toddlers, but it is terrible in snow! We made it this winter, doing the school run to 2 schools, but honestly, most of the time I would wait until there weren't any cars and then push it on the edge of the road, running to make it before another car came. I must have looked hilarious but it simply wouldn't move on the half-plowed or not-plowed-at-all sidewalks that our city thinks are acceptable.

Also, the buckles (at least on mine!) are extremely stiff - watch out! I have gotten numerous blood blisters from accidentally pinching the edge of my finger or thumb in it. The front sun visor is also extremely low. I put my shortest (and lightest) kids in the front and still could not open it over their heads for sun or light rain protection, and ended up removing it entirely.

All in all, the foundations is the only one that works for me because I NEED it to fold up - I have zero outdoor storage and only a tiny front hall to lug it into every day. It is heavy, cumbersome and useless in snow, but we made it work and I could store it.

If you have the money (and space for storage!) I'd go with a Runabout in a heartbeat. I don't imagine the choo-choo wagons would be any better in snow.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrazyEight For This Useful Post:

The choo choo wagon is great in the snow!!! I think it's because it's easier to pull through the snow or sand then push. I had the quad then I got rid of it. Hated it. It sooooo heavy and I live at the top of a hill so for me it was not working. It nearly killed me when I had to push the four kids up the hill every day. I also recommend the runabout with the bike tires they are awesome but do not fold for storage.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I live in hilly area so whatever direction go in, there's big hill. The Quad so heavy even empty. Does move good and steer well but in snow, it useless. If you have steps to your door, forget it. Super heavy.

Starting to feel at home...
    Very difficult to manage in the snow. I had better luck with the triple in the snow compared to the quad. Pushing 4 the rest of the year was no problem except I was unable to lift it over curbs when full. With 3 in the quad, going up over curbs was fine. Even with the triple I found the handle break was hard on the wrists over time. With daily use my wrists would ache. My husband reversed the set up on the quad so that instead of squeezing to make it go, I could squeeze to break instead, and use the foot break as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Discoveries For This Useful Post:

It's a quad stroller so it obviously has some weight to it, but I don't think it is cumbersome and I certainly don't think it's heavier than one would expect. I'm actually selling mine if you are interested. I am in the golden horseshoe area so message me if you'd like.

I agree on the hand cramps, it's rough on my wrists as I have hyper mobility and I can dislocate my wrists just by swinging my arms, so this was my chief complaint. I did however learn to push with hands over and under to alternate and relieve some pressure. My husband suggested some kind of clip so I wouldn't have to keep the grip so firm, but I declined because it's way to risky in my mind. The slightest incline with the 4 kids in means that it could runaway from you. I like that letting go of the handle results in an emergency stop lol. Means that I don't have to put my body into pulling all that weight back on the stroller should we need to stop immediately.

I love that it folds really easily and fits in the trunk of my minivan with ease. I think it's easy enough to use and it was worth every penny to me, I'm very pleased with it. Getting up curbs usually requires some finesse, like building up some speed and going at it. We play in the back garden in the snow, not go for walks, can't imagine why anyone would want to but I assume it's those without a vehicle requiring to pick up and drop off at bus stops and schools who would need this option.

Euphoric !
    I've used the quad foundations in centres and while I like that the kids sit side by side, it's heavy!! It's heavy even without kids in it lol. None of us liked to fold it up as it's bulky and awkward to put away. The brake bar also annoyed me. We actually used the smallest bungee cords to hold it in place so that it was easier on our wrists and hands. We very rarely used it in the winter.

For my hdc, I bought a quad foundation stroller (after reccomendations from here ) and am so glad I did!!!! Even with all 4 kids in it, I can push it with one hand. The front wheel doesn't turn but that has not been a problem at all. I also find it much easier to get on and off curbs compared to the foundation ones. I really really like it and would suggest it if folding/storage isn't an issue. I store mine in our garage.

Expansive...
    I find it light, and easy to maneuver. I don't use it in the winter so I don't know...as for that awful hand break, I tied it down with a belt!