Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I may be mistaken, but it is my understanding that each province will handle its own regulations. The money will be provided and each province will be left to its own devices as to how it is used and how the childcare industry is structured within that province. This will not be handled Federally so Mulcair actually won't have any input into licensing.....again, I might be mistaken, but that's my take on it.

Outgoing
    If that is the case, then in Ontario we are definitely done because we know where the Fiberals stand on independent licensing. And unless they get voted out and the PCs get in, we have no chance.

Euphoric !
    We are still exploring the option of a Cooperative and are in discussion with the Ministry. We have to wait and see how that plays out.

I'm sorry I am not following. If they are giving a million 15$/day spaces is there not more then a million kids? So when those cheap spaces fill then they will have no choice but to come to us for daycare, no?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    For the moment, that's what Mulcair is saying...a million. I would imagine, that if it takes hold, the idea would be for it to grow and create spaces for all the children. Of course, once the spaces are filled (initially), parents left behind will come to us. I also think that some will come to us by choice as well, not wanting their children in institutional care. That being said, competition for clients, I would think, will be quite ardent. It will change the way we advertise, run our businesses, etc.

Babydom, all this information is on FB on the CICPO page and Canadian Home Daycares United page. There are discussions surrounding this regularly. I would suggest it might be good for anyone who wishes to be kept apprised of current and potential changes to have a wander through them and read up. There are many, many changes occurring right now. It is highly recommended that each provider inform themselves about the new childcare climate as well as the potential one following the Federal election in October. We are trying to educate as much as we can, but it can be difficult reaching everyone. In addition, it would be quite beneficial to have more providers step forward to help with future CICPO endeavors. We've made tremendous strides, but there's still work to be done.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post: