Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Making a Day Home Website?

Hi everybody! I am opening my Day Home in September and I have everything ready! I plan to advertise on here of course as well as the day care registery. My question is did you find having a website got you more business? I'm also wondering what domain people used that would be reasonably priced but works well. I live in Calgary and I only want 4 Children but I want to attract the right type of clients and I have found threw Kijiji People only want to know about my fees.

Starting to feel at home...
    Hey there, I made a free website at www.wix.com. Love it and its totally user friendly. Keep the info to a minimum, hours, rate, a little about you and your program.

I don't feel like having a website helped me attract clients at all considering the time I spent working on it. lol but I can say those clients I did attract really loved and appreciated my having a website and felt it was professional, etc.

So, def go to wix. Its free and tons of templates to chose from. Also, be sure not only to advertise here but also Kijiji (I get tons of inquiries) and facebook groups for daycare, selling and mommies. All those groups on facebook have been fantastic for advertising. Now, its middle of July and you are only now starting to advertise so be prepared it could take months to fill that first spot let alone all your spots! Good luck Make sure you have a solid contract too!

Ps. You will find regardless of having a website most don't bother looking at it and inquire about your rate regardless.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fireyesblue For This Useful Post:

I use http://www.weebly.com/link/oXlibO. you can choose between free or paid options. I do the free one. Its very easy to use, point and click.

My website helps me get clients. I have lots of families who tell me during the interview that after reading my website they had to call to set up an interview. They love how up front and detailed I am. I have my handbook, policies, fee information etc all on my website.

My oldest was in daycare. I as a parent hated when there was next to no information on a providers website. I wanted to know details before I called. I didn't have time to waste and I knew providers didn't either.

As I provider I wanted to make sure I was very up front. I ask everyone who contacts me to view my website. Most have already done so. If they don't like my policies we don't have to waste each others time by having an interview.

My current clients know that they don't need to both me about what a police is they just go on my site and look it up. Ex: a year ago I had a client who's child got lice. The mom looked at my policy before even calling me to let me know. She had already started following the policy when she called. It was great I didn't have to go look it up, First time having lice in my daycare, no time was wasted.

Not everyone looks at your website. You will still end up having people contact you and ask for your rates etc. that's just the nature of the business.

In the end its really up to you how much or how little information you put in your websites. Websites can be great in helping you get clients, but they don't always work. it depends on the area you are in. You need to make it so you are comfortable with what you have on it. If you are comfortable with very little information then that's what you put on it. If you are ok with lots of information then put lots of information. You also have to make sure you are advertising your website, on your business card, in your ads etc.

Take some time and look at other providers websites. See what you like and what you don't like and go from there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I can't speak to domains and what not as I had my brother in law do my website for me. But YES! Definitely do a website! I've found it to be my best marketing tool. I never advertise on Kijiji. Something doesn't sit right with me about it....don't know why...I just don't care for it. I only advertise here and through my website and have had no problem filling and staying full. Actually, I've even had a number of people say in interviews that they only look at providers with websites. They indicated that they liked the air of professionalism around it and they felt that a provider who took the time to create a website looked more 'serious'. I discovered this when I moved and had to start over in a new city. Had I known sooner, I would have had one from the beginning.

Oh...and my clients didn't ask me about fees until the end of the interview. I have the highest rate in the area among home providers and no one batted an eye

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I have gotten alot of business through my website. I added my business to google maps as well and alot of people find me that way. I use hostgator.com. It's an american company so prices will convert to american dollars. It's $15/year to register a domain name and $10/month for their hosting plan I chose. I also get business cards made up through vista print when they have their sales.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adaycarelady For This Useful Post:

Hi, I am also opening a home daycare in January. I'm almost set up and will be starting to advertise in a couple weeks. I use weebly.com for my website. There are paid options but also a free option and it's very simple to use. I have also ordered flyers (for mailboxes, etc.), business cards and even a sweater with my logo on it from Vistaprint. My website has all the basic info on it including fees, hours, sample menu, daily schedule, ministry guidelines, etc. The only thing I'm leaving off is my parent handbook/contract. My handbook is very detailed and I don't want to scare parents off before even meeting me! My policies are not out of the norm but I don't want parents to feel overwhelmed. I'd rather they meet me first before receiving the handbook. I do say on my site that they will receive a detailed handbook at our first meeting. I have enough info on my site so that parents will know whether or not they wish to meet with me without overwhelming them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lplplp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn2Dusk View Post
    Hi everybody! I am opening my Day Home in September and I have everything ready! I plan to advertise on here of course as well as the day care registery. My question is did you find having a website got you more business? I'm also wondering what domain people used that would be reasonably priced but works well. I live in Calgary and I only want 4 Children but I want to attract the right type of clients and I have found threw Kijiji People only want to know about my fees.

Thanks for asking that.

Euphoric !
    I find FB page for business more effective than website. There are things you can do with keywords to make website more findable but I find little traffic on mine. Maybe need more knowledge than I have to make effective.

I did two FB pages. One a page where public can see me and one which is private group for current client for handbook, contract (generic), and then I create events for stat day closure and days off I book.

I do use Kijiji too and had lot of client from there but it not matter how people find you, still have to vet people. The same people who find Kijiji ad should be able to find you on FB or website too.

Fees are relevant to parents. They will always ask about fees. Just like when we looking for a service or product, we always ask "how much".

Expansive...
    I use webs.com and find them FREE and easy to use too