Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    My parents pay me on their first day of care for the week. If they are not comfortable with that then they can find care elsewhere.

Euphoric !
    Forgot to mention that I also require payment in advance. No way am I working, not to mention feeding and entertaining your child, for free. EVER.
    We really have to hold that ground. If we are firm on the "No pay, no stay" we don't get burnt. If not, and we provide care and a parent takes off; what is the recourse?? It's not worth it to go to court.

Euphoric !
    If they have enough time to make the transition such as starting in January then I don't really see what their problem is. If you explain to them that you need to spend the money as in buy food and craft supplies before the week starts not after then they should be able to comprehend that you need the money first. Regardless of when they get paid, if they have a three month lead time they shouldn't have a problem starting to pay every monday. I know a lot of caregivers that are paid on Friday for the coming week of care with the idea of getting the money and shopping on the weekend and it makes sense.

Outgoing
    I would agree with the rest. I wouldn't provide the care unless I get paid in advance. I'm the provider and you do trust me and let me take care of your child and I think you should trust me with your money too. Especially, if we already know each other and I'm providing the care for the past 8 months. It's like receiving any other service. They won't give you anything unless you pay for it. Hope it helps and good luck with the talk.