Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    It did sound a bit fishy because there were 7 kids on the outing and the other 5 kids were fine just these 2 brothers were sent to Hosp with 2nd degree sunburn, the daycare had to close and the police have being called in to check on the situation, it does not sound too good at all. Poor kids,
    there is even a fund set up to help pay for the hosp.

We have lots of shade in the morning so we can be out in the back yard but stay in after nap

Euphoric !
    My rule is the parents are to apply sunscreen before arriving and we go out first thing in the morning. I don't ask if they did or didn't and just assume . We are out from 7:30 to 9:00 so in the grand scheme of things likely ok without it anyways but the fact they are brothers does make you wonder. I reapply after nap when we go outside again. They may have started putting it on each other and no one checked to be sure they actually got it in all the right places.

Outgoing
    I live in the lower mainland as well and yes it has been a scorcher of a summer! I have a smaller yard within my large yard (I get lots of mushrooms in the fall so we stay in the smaller yard when it becomes a problem). We have been going in my small yard in the morning and the large yard in the afternoon since we're lucky to have a large shaded area when it's the hottest. We've been playing in the water table, drinking lots of ice water and of course having cold treats.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daycaremom9 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/28/health...-daycare-irpt/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tigations.html

I'm not entirely sure who was responsible for supplying sunscreen but IMO, the dc is responsible for them and should have ensured they had it. If they ran out (like the 2nd article suggests) than the trip should have been over. How (or did they?) did they reapply during the day? If another child had sunscreen than why not share?!?

They had other issues before and have been closed down for now!

(Sorry to go off topic!!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Van