Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Last Day ... Closing day!

Today is my last day and I'm freaking out lol. I'm going away tomorrow and have put so much into planning that and getting ready for the trip that I've not really put to much thought into closing. Holy Cow though, today as a parent gave me a gift, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Change is hard, and I'm officially unemployed which scares me to death. I plan to work part time while I'm at school cleaning houses in Toronto near campus , but haven't been able to line anything up as of yet due to me being away for 3 weeks in August. It's just unsettling to live on the line as a parent and homeowner. Nothing that I didn't expect, but no amount of planning and putting numbers on paper can prepare someone for this massive reality check that I'm having today.

Anxiety, Panic, Fear and unsteady emotions have me feeling a bit overwhelmed. I think as well because I've been pulling 13/14 hour days covering my friends cleaning job for the last month, my adrenals are maybe a bit shot. I don't fly till late tomorrow night, so I'm planning to start my day tomorrow with a bubble bath, followed by going for a pedi with my daughter and getting my hair set for the plane...yes I'll be that weird looking woman on the plane because 6 hours after I land, I have a bachelorette party. No time for a trip to the salon.

Even with the events of the last couple of weeks with my problem child, the last 3 days have been great. My kids are done summer school and joined in with Simon Says and Dancing with all the little ones this morning. We are no watching despicable me 2 and making home made pizzas for lunch.

The parent who gifted me this morning gave me a beautiful worded card, which was what set me off. She also gave me a school bag, lol, filled with starbucks gift card, couple of bottles of red wine and two wine sippy cups with lids and straws lolol perfect gift haha

Expansive...
    Enjoy your last day Bright!!!

Have an amazing holiday and enjoy the rest of summer with your family! I wish you all the best with your school adventures.....embra ce all the craziness !

Outgoing
    Wow, what a gift! What a wonderful way to end on. Congrats, and good luck. :-)

Euphoric !
    Best of luck bright in your new adventures !!!!

Best of luck in your new adventures. Have fun at school. Party hard and don't forget to study. lol

Euphoric !
    Congratulations! I am so happy and excited for you!

Good luck with everything. And remember to enjoy it!!! Don't worry about not having a job and being scared, enjoy this new phase that you picked and if worst comes to worst u can always go back and work, reopen daycare. There are always options. Right now concentrate on your fab trip....have super fun!!! All the best!!!

Euphoric !
    Best of luck to you!!

Euphoric !
    Good luck Bright Sparks! I wish you all the best in your new endeavor! Do save my number and good bottle of red from time to time....would love to hear how things are on the other side.

Have a wonderful vacation!!!! And most of all....relax and enjoy the ride. You're a bright woman and you're going to be spectacular in school. I'm so, so happy for you!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and well wishes. Couple of mums have picked up already, one in floods of tears, the other fighting them. It's a very strange feeling but it's a long overdue change for me and I will embrace it.

Vacation mode in 11 minutes. Just one more pick up to go and then I'm done!