Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Insurance issues

Hey everyone, I'm having issues finding an insurance company. I'm in Ontario. The company I currently have my home insurance with cannot provide liability insurance for my daycare. The reason for this is because I will be preparing and serving the meals and snacks to the daycare children. It wasn't really an issue, they just said they don't have the proper "add on" for that and could only cover me if the parents provide all meals and snacks. So, I contacted an insurance broker. The best company she could find to suit my needs is Coachman. She said that was the only company that will cover 3 daycare children for now and 5 daycare children once my own children turn 6 years of age. She also said a lot of companies won't even cover 3 daycare children. But, Coachman can only provide $1,000,000 liability coverage and I'm looking for $2,000,000. All of the other companies she looked at would only provide $1,000,000 coverage as well.

What I need:
    -$2,000,000 coverage
    -has to cover at least 3 daycare children for now with potential to make it 5 in the future
    -has to cover me if I provide all meals and snacks
    -should provide coverage while we are out of the house as well (we will be doing a school run daily)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good insurance company?
    Last edited by lplplp; 07-31-2015 at 02:14 PM.

I'm with the co operaters. I think I have 1 mill though. But have coverage for 5 kids. And I provide all the food.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

I'm with Bay of Quinte Mutual. I'm covered for 5 children with legal liability of 2 mill. I also provide all food.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy123 For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    How much is your insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by lplplp View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm having issues finding an insurance company. I'm in Ontario. The company I currently have my home insurance with cannot provide liability insurance for my daycare. The reason for this is because I will be preparing and serving the meals and snacks to the daycare children. It wasn't really an issue, they just said they don't have the proper "add on" for that and could only cover me if the parents provide all meals and snacks. So, I contacted an insurance broker. The best company she could find to suit my needs is Coachman. She said that was the only company that will cover 3 daycare children for now and 5 daycare children once my own children turn 6 years of age. She also said a lot of companies won't even cover 3 daycare children. But, Coachman can only provide $1,000,000 liability coverage and I'm looking for $2,000,000. All of the other companies she looked at would only provide $1,000,000 coverage as well.

What I need:
    -$2,000,000 coverage
    -has to cover at least 3 daycare children for now with potential to make it 5 in the future
    -has to cover me if I provide all meals and snacks
    -should provide coverage while we are out of the house as well (we will be doing a school run daily)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good insurance company?

We've always had ours with CAA. They're our insurance company, and they also insured my old daycare. We just got our daycare insurance again - $25.00 a year, for $2 million. That's for 5 kids.
    Last edited by betsy; 08-17-2015 at 09:27 AM. Reason: additional info

State Farm covers my daycare up to 5 kids and also cover my car when I use it for dc. Probably pricy but it doesn't matter, peace of mind is priceless