Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Would you follow-up after an interview when they requested contract?

Now, I never follow-up post interviews.

I had an interview with a mom 2 weeks ago (Tues) she came over and brought both her children. She just moved to our town, etc. During our discussion she came across as though she was super interested (but I never take that seriously!). When she initially contacted me, she asked if we could meet that week as she was leaving the following week for vacation and wanted to have her daycare plans in place for September. I have no idea how long she went away for.

All this to say, 2 days after our interview (Thurs) she emailed asking if I could send my contract when I had the chance. Here we are 2 weeks later and I heard nothing. I get it, many don't have the respect in place to say thanks but no thanks. No big deal, right

Would you shoot a quick email to follow up to see if she was still interested or looking for care, etc? Sadly, I kinda needed this fam to sign on $$ isn't it the way!

Euphoric !
    I would. I would just send a quick email double checking that she received your contract and whether they were interested in the spots. You could say you've had other inquiries and you wanted to give them first dibs because you felt like her children would be a good fit for the program.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Yes I would follow up, definitely. Write her an email

Expansive...
    I never give the actual contract until I've got a deposit in hand. I send them to my website to review the parent handbook. I've had several people disguise themselves as interested parties, when really they were new providers looking to steal a contract. Definitely follow up.

Thanks all! Busy ECE: my contract is my handbook. Its just one combined document. Yup, there are tons who steal handbooks, etc! She told me she use to have a daycare until going back to work as an ECE for the school board - never know for sure!

Euphoric !
    I give out contract and handbook following interview if I interested in taking them. That way they have time to read, understand and consider. But I e-mail document after interview as then I can also say, please let me know by set date, either way, if you want space. I already tell at interview that I not consider space taken until contact and deposit.

If I not heard from then, them I will follow up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Sure send her an email.

I actually email out my contract before I meet. I want to know that people have read it over and agree to my terms before wasting time with an interview. As for providers steeling my contract- feel free!!!! The more providers that get on board with similar rules to mine the better! I got a contract from a friend of a friend. I thank her very much for helping me get started. I changed it at the beginning to suit me and have since changed my changed it yearly as things come up.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Same as mickyc. I don't care if other providers "steal" my contract....in fact, there are some very relaxed providers around here that I would encourage to steal some ideas from me lol. As for parents, if they don't agree with my contract than we don't meet. I value my time and don't like to waste it

I would follow up. There's a chance she didn't get it either. That's happened to me before!

Thanks everyone!

I did send an email early this afternoon and haven't heard back yet. Time will tell, but I feel good knowing I at least did my part. If she fails to reply, then she isn't a good fit for me anyways!

Expansive...
    I just had someone sign up yesterday that came by a month ago
    sometimes they are just slow at making up their mind