Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expansive...
    So Sorry to hear your sad news, allow yourself to grieve, Have a shoulder to cry on
    Hugs

Euphoric !
    Thanks Van!

Does anyone have any experience with the pills instead of the D&C? I was given 3 pills to take orally tomorrow morning and than told that within 4 hours I should pass the fetus. I was told that there would be lots of pain, cramping and bleeding. If there is excessive bleeding that I should go back to the ER.

I've been off for 2 weeks and go back to work tomorrow. I have my husband and a friend who offered to come help with the kids if need be but I am just wanting to hear some feedback on what to expect. THanks!!

Starting to feel at home...
    Firstly, I am so sorry. Just know you are not alone, and don't let anyone try to minimize any sadness and grief you are feeling. It's all very real, and needs to be validated. Secondly, you don't want or need to be working not after you take those pills. You need to take a day or two off. I know its not always feasible, but perhaps even the week, to heal. But whatever you decide to do, take at least 48hrs off once you take those pills. Get some rest and do not go alone. You need the support.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fireyesblue For This Useful Post:

Lou

Euphoric !
    Thanks fireyesblue. I had actually not allowed myself to get too excited about being pregnant in case this did happen but it is still shocking and came as a surprise. Definitely a lot of emotions right now!

So after some reading online and thinking, I wonder if I can wait and see if it passes naturally and if not, take the pills on the weekend. This would allow me sometime to heal and grieve and not worry about work. I saw an ER doctor today so I don't think calling there will do any good. I called healthlinks instead and they said the same thing, if I call there they will advise me to come in (and wait for hours again) or they will tell me to call healthlinks. The healthlinks nurse said they can't advise me to not follow the dr's orders but that it does sound like it may be an option since the dr did say I could try the "wait and see" approach. She said that I should call my family doctor tomorrow and see what she says. I was to take the pills at 730am (just in case I needed to come into ER it would give me most of the day because he did say I would be bumped as it's not emergent) but I think I will hold off and call my doctor when she opens at 8.

On top of all this, my husband has to spend the day at his parents tomorrow as his mom is coming home on a trial run after spending 4 months in the hospital after a stroke (altho, he can be here if I need him) and than on Wednesday I go see the diabetic nurse because I've been diagnosed with diabetes. Is this week over yet?!?!

It will be painful...for me it was just like I was in labour. Be warned, don't look in the toilet when u pass it unless your prepared and want to. I made that mistake. U will need to take tomorrow and wed off. You will have a lot of cramps and lower pain Ull pretty much just want to sit on the toilet for a long while. It will go quickly though, throughout the day tomorrow and then you'll just have your normal period but it will be heavier then normal. Please take the time to heal, I'm so sorry it happen....I know exactly how u feel . Remember a mth or two after this u can try again and many ppl have had many heathy babies after

Starting to feel at home...
    Very sorry for your loss and to hear you are going through this. I've had 2 miscarriages myself. Remember that whatever you're feeling is normal.

Outgoing
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I agree with everyone, take the time you need to heal.

Euphoric !
    I have been thinking about you constantly since you told me. Even shed a tear or two. It brings back a flood of emotions I also experienced.

I hope your day is going well. I also would have taken a few days off but understand how you decided not to. Hopefully the cramping is not too bad. My first 2 miscarriages were not as painful as my 3rd. Give your body time to heal and just know that there are those that understand and care very much about you!

Euphoric !
    Thanks for your kind words everyone, it means a lot!

I decided not to take them this morning and called my dr. I have an appointment with her at 5 and I'm sure I'll be able to take them on Saturday instead...it is only 3 days away after all.

My daycare babies are back today and I'm enjoying them this morning. Were gonna head out soon and enjoy the new sand box area I got ready over the weekend. (Sand in a kiddie pool enclosed in an ikea tent!)

Enjoy the day everyone!! Thank you so much for the support

Euphoric !
    So I took the 3 pills this morning at 9. Around 10 the cramps started and have gotten worse throughout the day. It's now 430 and still nothing, not even bleeding. I'm starting to get worried and wondering if the pills won't work? I just want this to be over with