Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !

Pregnant and spotting

Sorry to ask this here but I know most of you are moms so I'd appreciate some feedback...

I'm roughly 12 weeks pregnant and for the past handful of days I've been spotting off and on. It's a dark red brownish colour and not very much at all. It goes away and than comes back. I have a bit of light cramping but nothing major.

I can go see my doctor on Tuesday but am wondering if I should be worried more and go to the ER room before Tuesday?

Starting to feel at home...
    Hi there, light spotting and cramping is normal early pregnancy (I went through the same thing) if the blood is bright red (fresh) that's reason to be concerned but if its darkish brown/light pink thats usually considered normal. I know I was concerned as well, and when I called my Dr I was assured it was normal but if it progressed to bright red to come in. I'm just speaking from my own experience (2 years ago) but to ease your mind, you could go to the ER to be safe. Congrats btw

Euphoric !
    Thanks

From what I've read online and from what a few friends have told me, I also think it's likely nothing to be too concerned about. I think I'm just being paranoid given that it's a holiday tomorrow and I know seeing my family doctor isn't an option. If the cramping gets worse or if bright red spotting happens, I'll go in! Thanks!!

Starting to feel at home...
    Spotting in early pregnancy is very common, especially in the first trimester and is usually nothing to worry about. With my second, I had spotting all throughout the first trimester and even a bright red, heavy bleed at 14 weeks. Pregnancy remained completely normal. With a normal pregnancy, cramping is usually just from your uterus stretching. Have you had an ultrasound yet? Did it show a normal pregnancy? Bleeding can occasionally be from an ectopic pregnancy which can become serious, especially if not caught early. They checked me for this because of the spotting I experienced. If the pain and/or bleeding intensifies, be sure to go to the ER. (You will have a lot of pain from an ectopic pregnancy.) You could always go to the ER now to be sure everything is ok. They should be able to do an ultrasound now, or at least schedule one for the morning to check on the baby. If you have a low lying placenta, this can be the cause of the spotting as well. If you have had an ultrasound, you will probably know where the placenta is lying. If the bleeding becomes heavier or you notice clots, go to the ER. Not to get too personal, but being intimate can also cause spotting during pregnancy because more blood flows to the area. No matter what you decide to do now, definitely mention it to your doctor the next time you go in.
    Last edited by lplplp; 08-02-2015 at 08:55 PM.

Euphoric !
    So we ended up going to the ER tonight. They did blood work and a Pap test. Blood work came back and dr said the hormone levels are too low for 3 months. He said my cervix is still closed though so he's ordering an ultrasound for hopefully tomorrow!!

Ugh, now I'm not going to sleep tonight

Unfortunately I have had to many mischarges and they have all started off with dark browny blood followed with a blood test that shows my levels were low. All around 11/12wks. BUT stay hopeful....like the others posted bleeding can be normal!! Also levels can be off as well and baby still heathy! My full term pregnancy my levels were always to high, baby always measured two wks ahead my friends levels were always low and baby measured wks behind but is a normal child now . Whatever happens know that it will be ok and if this baby decides to come early you can always try and try again....don't give up....5yrs later, many lost babies, we are still going! It's in Gods hands and plans. All the best, I'm praying for you. Keep us posted!

Outgoing
    Yes, try to stay hopefully. My levels were low too, and I had bleeding. But I didn't miscarry.

Outgoing
    I had spotting at 12 weeks, went to the ER and thankfully everything was fine. She is 22 now! Sending positive thoughts your way!

Expansive...
    My heart is in my mouth for you-

Euphoric !
    Thanks everyone but unfortunately it didn't end well. The ultrasound showed that I miscarried at 9.5 weeks

I take the pills tomorrow morning to help it pass.