Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Reporting Daycares

Bdjdjxjxncc
    Last edited by crayolamom; 01-13-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Proclomation is Aug 31, 2015. This means 5 in total with no more than 2 under 2 and this total includes your own kids. Now, if you have had ALL your current dck since before Dec 5, 2015 they are grandfathered in and you have until Jan 1, 2016 to be compliant with Bill 10. So if at that time you can still have 5 in total but not more than 2 under 2 years of age (and this includes any of your own) Someone with better knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know this is how it plays out.

That provider would be fined (large) and shut down immediately. No one with, or without an Assistant can have more than 5 in total and even those with an agency are only allowed 6 in total. If you know for fact they are breaking the law then report them. What happens as a result is out of your hands, but I don't think they will serve jail time.
    Last edited by Fireyesblue; 08-05-2015 at 07:43 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fireyesblue For This Useful Post:

No she will not get jail time. Just a fine up to $250,000 and be ordered to shut her doors and not continue a business run out of that home. That is the extreme. It all depends who comes to inspect her. They also can just give a smaller fine with a warning that they will return at some pt to check she is in compliance.

Euphoric !
    This is the type of daycare that starts out legit, then more friends of the kids in care want care so they hire an assistant thinking that is legal and then as bill 10 comes in and under age 2 needs spaces and demand is there they may very well add more and then we have a situation like in Vaughn - anyone wanting a Russian provider was going there. She will be shut down and there may be fines. If a child is injured at her home then she could face jail time so you would be doing her a favour by reporting her now before things escalate out of control.

Expansive...
    In BC the inspectors can close you if you are over your numbers , no jail time
    I agree with playfelt that it is best to report her now before something happens to a child in her care and you are doing her, and maybe a child a favour by reporting her now
    Last edited by Van; 08-05-2015 at 11:09 PM.

Outgoing
    I am just wondering...why would she report you that you have more than 5 kids, if you don't....can she not count? Were you seen outside with more than 5?

Shy
    Maybe you should have a conversation with this lady who has 10 children. Is she doing this while be aware of Bill 10? Is it possible she hasn't heard about it?

I wouldn't have know if it wasn't for a friend to told me. Maybe make her aware of the Bill and tell her someone will likely report her if she does not comply. - just a suggestion :/

Euphoric !
    Whether the lady has heard about bill 10 or not she is already violating several of the statues of the previous act - no assistants allowed, only 5 daycare children per home regardless of number of adults, etc. That alone is reason to report. Almost certain she either doesn't know or plans to ignore which is all the more reason for her to get the rules right from the source - inspectors. There is no way she is going to listen to another provider.

Shy
    I guess the best thing is to just report her than. I knew of a provider who also had a helper. They had 10 children and she had no idea that what she was doing was illegal. That being said, she was one of the best provider's I had ever known. She was doing it more so to help her cousin (who was her assistant) who needed employment as she had just moved to Canada. Her cousin was wonderful with children and had been a nurse previously. She had lived in Canada previously and spoke clear English, etc. She honestly had no idea, but I felt bad for her because I knew she had the best intentions. When they came to her door, she was shocked and had no idea she was violating the rules. She was great about it and was honest with all the parents about what had happened. Maybe she's the one in a million who truly was not familiar with the rules. It's easy for other people to judge and make assumptions about others. In hindsight, whoever called made a good decision and was obviously looking out for the children, and we have to appreciate that. We can never put children in a spot where they aren't being tended to the way they should be.

It sounds like you know her and her ways somewhat well. So I guess you know what to do. It's not safe for the children bottom line, especially if they are all toddlers/babies.