Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No show

Starting to feel at home...

No show

Have you gotten a lot of no-shows for scheduled interviews/viewing....without even being notified at all?

Euphoric !
    A few. If they don't show then don't meet with them later unless they had a darn good excuse!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    A few. I make sure I have phone number and e-mail and send reminder 24 hours before with comment that please contact if something come up.

I don't reschedule without them having good reason. Forgetting after I send reminder, or being too busy, not good reason for being inconsiderate. Having one child who was asleep, not good reason for being inconsiderate. No message or call, not good reason for being inconsiderate. Big clues about type of person will be as client.
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 08-10-2015 at 09:49 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I think it happens to majority of us at one point or another.

I do not reschedule no shows regardless of the "excuse". Also if parents are more than 15 minutes late for an interview I kindly decline.

I had a parent show up to my house a half an hour after the scheduled time because she was walking the dog and another one because her kid slept in. So I just tell them sorry I am leaving now as our meeting was set for this time and your were late.

I don't remind people either. They need care so if they are serious they will show up. For people who plan on not showing up I think that would happen with or without a reminder.
    Last edited by crayolamom; 08-10-2015 at 10:52 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to crayolamom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    One fall, a few years ago, I had about 10 no shows in a row. And on top of that, one mom was supposed to come at 11:00am but showed up at 1:30. I really needed to fill the space, so I went ahead and signed the contract with her. Never saw or heard from her again! It was just crazy! Just take a deep breath and move on. My spaces eventually got filled with great kids who are still with me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I can't think of any no shows but it drives me crazy when I say to get back to me in xx days and never hear back. It doesn't happen very often but when it does, I find it disrespectful. I don't care if you don't want to come here but at least tell me lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Have had some no shows and later find out there were so panicked or the provider was so desperate or both they were convinced they had to sign on right away or lose the spot and they didn't want to take their chances. For sure in Ontario there is going to be a lot more of that for the under age 2 group I the future.

Other no shows I have had were because they booked two visits back to back and underestimated the amount of time they would stay at first visit. But got an email the next day asking to reschedule and depends on my mood or how many others I have scheduled decide if I can slot them in or not. What works well with that is to say well I have an appoint for whatever time and then give them the half hour before for a quick look see and to pick up the forms. Lets you know if they are even remotely serious if they actually come for the short time, what time they actually do arrive and then when they are just leaving as next visit shows up puts pressure on both of them to make up their minds quickly.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I have had many no shows. I actually had one that actually showed up on the third interview. She was having a terrible time finding my place?llol I recently had an interview, she seemed super interested and said she would definitely let me know so I wasn't hanging. We'll never heard from her.😣

15. The Following User Says Thank You to daycaremom9 For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I had a no show last week where they emailed at the last minute to say it was nap time for the baby so cancelled, so annoying and I don't want them at all now- Next

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post: