Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    Arrgghh I know I can be a push over and I really need to work on that. I am going to try again tonight and see what happens. Everyone makes it seem so simple and it is but I don't know why it seems so hard in person!

She knocked bc I always lock the door once someone leaves and she came back after ten minutes. I opened the door and she said her kids needs to be changed and offered to do it.

She is in a pretty good habit of using my washroom and one time I told her she can't use it bc I had a kid in the potty as I was potty training. She was like "Oh I'll wait". Like what the hell the do I say.

She is good when I have other kids bc I started walking away but when I am the last one I don't know what say bc I have to go isn't working

Euphoric !
    Maybe you need to go somewhere after work then? Then you have more of an excuse because you are actually going somewhere. You seem like you don't want to hurt her feelings? Once she has left lock the door and don't answer it. She has a stroller to change him in or can lay him on the grass. There is no need to come back to your house.

Seriously if she is the last one just say we'll have a good night and walk away! She can show herself out. If she follows you then you need to have a serious talk with her.

I'd do that. Say bye and walk somewhere else in the house out of sight wait for her to leave then lock door. If she comes back don't answer it. If she follows u say no u need to go my day is done thank u. If she yells while u walk away to try to talk don't answer her. The silence should give her the hint. Good luck!! Don't worry about her feelings. Respect ur home and ur self and set her straight. Ugh.....can I come do it for u? Hahaha

Shy
    I find sometimes it's easier to send out a group email to your clients. Maybe explaining that you appreciate their business, however, as you are also a mother/wife, etc., at the end of the day you have things to do and would appreciate if pick ups were short and sweet. I have done this in the past when I was trying to get a message across but was having a hard time being direct with one of my clients. She might not get so offended, but still get the message.

When emailing my clients, I usually give a positive for a negative, trying not to make it seem like professional and not offending the parents. i.e., I usually end it saying, "again, thank you for being so understanding".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fivelittleones For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I do a group email or message in the newsletter too when I need to address an uncomfortable situation. I hate confrontation and just find it easier.

It is definitely easy to say "tell her goodbye and walk away" but in person, it can be harder, especially when you see her everyday. Good luck!!

Euphoric !
    How did today go?

Euphoric !
    So have you managed to get mom to leave faster?

Starting to feel at home...
    I have!! When I have more kids it's easy I just pick one up and say oh the parents are coming gotta goooo!!! Lol I actually kind of feel bad for this women bc I really feel that she doesn't have any friends and I don't want to hurt her feelings. We she picks up I give her 5 mins and I start talking to the child "have a good night and I will see you tomorrow" and I push my way through the door and open it for her lol

One day she asked me if she can one day earlier and I said sure and than she said that shes going to kill her family lol I KNEW she wanted to start a conversation and I didn't say anything other than oh boy family can be hard sometimes....5 secs later she told me the story.....So than I started talking about my family lol!!!! It is so amazing how quickly she left after I started talking!!

I was like you wanna talk NOW we re going to talk....the next day I talked about Bill 10 for 30 mins and needless to say she never starts longer than 5 mins at pick up time hahaha!!!!

Thank you for your help

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyTwigs For This Useful Post: