Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Re: using wipes for quick sanitizing of toys

Is it okay to use those disinfectant wipes like Clorox or Kirkland brand on toys? I'm thinking to use that to quick-wipe a toy that's been sucked on by a child (before the next child gets at it!)

Euphoric !
    They suggest to wipe down with a warm wet cloth after to get rid if the residue but admittedly, I sometimes don't get around to this!!

What I'll do is give the kids baby wipes to "help" me and they clean the toys after I wipe them down

Also, when it notice a toy has been mouthed, they are made to go put it in the sink and I'll clean them the next time I do dishes. Hoping that this also curbs the appeal to mouth toys because they won't have it to play with for awhile! Haha

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

I have a container that the kids put the mouthed toys into, and I wash them when its full.

For the bigger toys that get sneezed on, I will wipe with warm water during the day, then sanitize them after the kids go home or during quiet time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeys For This Useful Post:

I have a organic kid friendly non chemical spray I use. U spray and let dry no wiping required. I keep it hardly for big toys during the day. I quickly spray tell kids wait a few mins till it dries then can play. Little toys that get mouthed I put in sink as soon as they drop it and wash it later

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

I use vinegar diluted with water it works the best for me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyTwigs For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by babydom View Post
    I have a organic kid friendly non chemical spray I use. U spray and let dry no wiping required. I keep it hardly for big toys during the day. I quickly spray tell kids wait a few mins till it dries then can play. Little toys that get mouthed I put in sink as soon as they drop it and wash it later
    Can I ask what the name of the spray is that you use and where you purchase it? Thanks.

it was Seventh Generation I got it at target when it was in Canada. Sadly my last bottle is done . But a parent told me there is a similar one sold at Walmart. GreenWorks I think it's called

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    There was a thread here a while ago and we were all talking about disinfecting, etc. I had always been using alcohol, but I did some research and found that diluted bleach is the best for disinfecting. As far as disinfecting the toys, I do that with all the toys at the same time. I will only spot clean when there is a cold of something going around. I have found that when I say, "put it in the sink," then it becomes a game and I'm forever washing and putting toys back into the playroom, only to have to wash them again. IMO, kids should be exposed to regular germs. I remind them constantly not to put things in their mouths and by 2 - 2 1/2, they usually stop. On the flip side of that, I have on several occasions completely closed off the playroom for a day or two until I can disinfect everything because someone came in with a nasty bug.

Expansive...
    I use vinegar diluted with water for the big toys , I just got tired of bleach ruining my clothes

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by kindertime View Post
    There was a thread here a while ago and we were all talking about disinfecting, etc. I had always been using alcohol, but I did some research and found that diluted bleach is the best for disinfecting. As far as disinfecting the toys, I do that with all the toys at the same time. I will only spot clean when there is a cold of something going around. I have found that when I say, "put it in the sink," then it becomes a game and I'm forever washing and putting toys back into the playroom, only to have to wash them again. IMO, kids should be exposed to regular germs. I remind them constantly not to put things in their mouths and by 2 - 2 1/2, they usually stop. On the flip side of that, I have on several occasions completely closed off the playroom for a day or two until I can disinfect everything because someone came in with a nasty bug.
    Ugh, I wish they stopped that early here! My 4 yo's are sometimes caught licking toys!! Lol. It's not a game here, they usually cry because they've lost the toy. Such an ordeal haha