Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Thinking of re-opening

I closed my daycare back in July. I was lucky to find a job right away. I am having a hard time juggling. I have a large family, I get home and it's non-stop. We only have one car so my husband and I meet for lunch everyday so I can have the car to go home at 5:00 p.m. He gets my son's car at his work and then he finishes at 7:00 p.m. and has to wait an hour to pick-up my son as he works til 8:00 p.m. My husband works 7 days a week. I only make $15.00 an hour my pay sucks. One of the reason why I quit was parents are so fickles. I am strongly considering starting daycare again, so I can be home with my children and not have to juggle everyday. I also cannot quit until I find at least two suitable families. It will be hard to find 3 children due to the new Bill. Having a low ratio daycare would suit me just fine. I love children, as I have 4 of my own, my son, daughter-in-law and grand-daughter resides with me.

I need some advice because I was unhappy with the way parents treated me and how to I manage that again.

I look forward to your comments

Euphoric !
    The grass on the other side is always greener.

It has only been a few months you are still settling in to your new life.

I would be worried that you quit your job, go back to daycare and quickly remember why you quit daycare!

What options do you have to stay at your current job and ease the family situation. That is a lot of car shuffling. Was this planned when you quit daycare? Can someone bus? Surely it would be less time consuming on your husband to just bus than to spend every lunch hour switching cars and waiting an hour after work for your son?

I think you need to look at creative solutions to your current situation before pulling the plug. Otherwise you risk being unhappy quickly in your next role!

Euphoric !
    Also, with your grand-daughter living in house, she will be counted in ratios (depending on her age). Is three children enough to cover your current wage?

I would look at transport situation. If you can fix that, it will make big difference. Maybe I misunderstanding, but makes no sense for your husband to pick up son's car and finish at 7pm and wait around until 8pm for son to go home together. What point of getting car at lunchtime to then kill time? Might as well leave son's car where it is, make his way to son's work (he has an hour) and then come home together, or wait around near work for an hour and son pick up husband.

Starting to feel at home...
    We have public transportation its a bus that goes downtown at 6:30 am and leaves at 4:00 p.m. I live on the outskirts of Ottawa. No public transit here. Getting a second car would be too expensive for us at the moment. I will give it more time for sure

Shy
    Your current situation sounds chaotic. Every job has a downfall, with daycare it's the parents and with your current job it sounds like transportation and pay. I would think about the pro's and con's of each and make a decision. The parents can drive us crazy, but just remember it's really about the children. We spend the most time with them and only see the parents for a few minutes each day. I remind myself of this all the time. And communication is really important. Maybe rewrite a new contract with more specifics when it comes to the issues you were having before. Not sure if you'll be affected by the new regulations, that's something else to consider as well. Good Luck!