Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LOUD Parents!!

LOUD Parents!!

What should I do?? I open at 7am and have only one come in at 7 then another at 710/715. The rest arrive after 8/830. The parents come in sooooo loud. Like saying loud, morning. Give daddy a kiss, have a good day! My daughter and husband are still sleeping and my daughter usually wakes when the 7am kid comes in cuz his dad is soooo loud! I also do overnights for one of my daycare babies quite often so he's still sleeping too at 7am. When I open the door I whisper good morning and the dad replies loudly hello. Lol. I get it they must of already been up for an hr to get ready to come here but I whisper and say shhh the baby's sleeping and still nothing!! What can I say or do that's polite?

Euphoric !
    Is this just an issue during the summer or do your husband and daughter sleep in after 7 during the school year as well?

So hard to address this. My brother is LOUD as well...the whole family my sister in law, brother, nephews they have no concept of "shhhhhh baby is sleeping". It drives me up the wall when they come visit (they stay for a good 10days) things are just way louder. They are just innately loud and they do things differently (babies/kids napping sure ok...they blast the music and talk loudly).

You'll need to either accept that your hours start at 7am and at 7am loud people come. Or, you'll need to address this issue flat out. Not just a 'shhhh baby is sleeping' at the door because that means nothing to them because odds are they don't realize they are loud or that they need to be quieter with a baby is sleeping. You'll need to talk to them in person. Let them know they are loud, that they are waking your daughter, husband and DCchild. Tell them you NEED them to enter quietly. Send the same info home in writing after you talk to them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

I would straight out tell the dad that people are still sleeping and he needs to keep his voice down or he will have to say his goodbyes at the car and just hand you his child. Sometimes you just have to lay down the law. You can still be nice and polite well doing it, but make sure you use your nice "I am not massing around" voice.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

No not just for the summer all year round. Once at school my daughter can sleep till 7:30, my husband doesn't go to work till after eight usually. I know I start at seven and everyone in the household has to realize loud parents and/or screaming crying kids can come in that early. I just feel bad that especially when I have daycare kids sleeping over they're always up early to get ready to come here so they have a chance to sleep in. the baby I usually have can sleep in till eight or 830 so I just feel bad for him. kids come in quiet now as they're over the new crying phase. it's just these parents that I thought would realize my family would still be sleeping even know I'm up and open and they've been up for a bit but I guess they don't realize that ,lol

Euphoric !
    If in person is too uncomfortable for you, I'd just throw a blurb in the monthly newsletter or a mass email or text to everyone explaining the situation and ask for quiet drop off's

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    If in person is too uncomfortable for you, I'd just throw a blurb in the monthly newsletter or a mass email or text to everyone explaining the situation and ask for quiet drop off's
    This may work but odds are it won't. In my experience naturally LOUD people do not realize they are loud. They do not realize the impact of their volume until told flat out. You don't need to be cruel about it but do need to be direct if you expect change. If it is truly bothering the OP and it is impacting her family then it isn't fair to the family to dance around the topic while expecting change. It isn't fair to the sleeping people or OP either! They may very well just assume the other parents are the loud ones...because they are being their usual volume and odds are no one has told them how loud they truly are!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would just be honest. Tell him straight, please come in quietly as the rest of household not need be awake at this hour. And try and head off at door to limit time. Also, little note on door "Please come in quietly. Other family members not due to be woken yet"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post: