Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Late Payments

Starting to feel at home...

Late Payments

This month I am still waiting for payment from 2 parents. One has had both of their accounts hacked into and all their money taken, so I am just waiting for that to get straightened out. The other often pays late, the mom pays for the daughter and dad pays for the son (they are separated and this was how they want to pay). This second family is on holidays with dad, mom has paid for her share and always pays on time. This is very common for dad to pay late, but usually after a text reminding him, I get an etransfer within a couple of hours. This month, he has not responded and no payment has come. At what point should I get the mom involved in getting dad to pay or have her cover the amount that he owes?

Very Frustrated

Euphoric !
    Sorry this is happening to you!

Here, no pay means no stay! Maybe time to get tough and show them you mean business? You can't afford to feed them if you don't get paid right??

I feel so bad this is happening to you. For me if they forget payment in the morning it's a 20 dollar late fee even if it's dropped off at pick up. I let it go once and then apply my late fees moving forward and it has never happened again lol

Euphoric !
    I charge $20 late payment fee. Payment is due every 2nd Friday at drop off. Late fee begins at noon same day and then continues until payment is received. If they pay late they risk being terminated. I don't mess around. I rely on my money. I do not wait for it either. I had 1 mom go on holidays and forget to leave post dated cheque. After having to make other arrangements to get money sent to me or risk paying late fee she didn't let it happen again. I have a post dated cheque for next pay when they are away!

I would get tough and get tough quick. They need to take you seriously and you need to not allow this to happen.

I don't have late fees in my contract, but for my one family its time to renew their contract. The sad thing is their kids are the best behaved that I have, and I would hate to lose them.

Here is what I have added:

"Payments: They are due the first of each month by NOON. Payment is by enrollment and is due and payable whether the child is in attendance or not. If payment is late for whatever reason, childcare will not be provided until the full payment plus $20 per day late fee is made. Habitual late payments will end the child care agreement."

So, just to update.

Dad is still on holiday and still needs to pay. I have sent a couple more reminders with no response until today.

His excuse was "Sorry out of town"

ME:
    "I understand that, but arrangements need to be made to ensure I am paid on time, as this has become a habit".

DAD:
    "You get paid, and I am not in the mood for this sh** today. As I said I will transfer it today"

I am so done! He's not in the mood! I am the one who has been dealing with this for the last 11 days, not him. I will start looking for replacements, but it may take awhile due to the downturn in the energy sector.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeys View Post
    So, just to update.

Dad is still on holiday and still needs to pay. I have sent a couple more reminders with no response until today.

His excuse was "Sorry out of town"

ME:
    "I understand that, but arrangements need to be made to ensure I am paid on time, as this has become a habit".

DAD:
    "You get paid, and I am not in the mood for this sh** today. As I said I will transfer it today"

I am so done! He's not in the mood! I am the one who has been dealing with this for the last 11 days, not him. I will start looking for replacements, but it may take awhile due to the downturn in the energy sector.
    great kid or not it is the parents you have to deal with. That would be instant termination. Send a text letting him know when he returns his letter of immediate termination is waiting for him and he will need care for his child as you will not take his child into your daycare due to his disrespect. Done. It SUCKS for the child and the fact that his other child is there through the mom...but that is the way they wanted it and now they have to figure out how to deal with it.

He didn't pay and went on vacation...which costs money there is NO excuse for not paying he should have cancelled his vacation if her couldn't afford care. Then there is the swearing at you. that speaks volumes for the kind of person he is.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Wow, it really angers me that the father is talking to you in this way. How disrespectful!! They should cherish you, you care for the two things that matter most in their lives! I wouldn't put up with that kind of disrespect for a minute! This really upsets me. Your job/role is no less important than his, it's actually more important. Paying you should be a priority of his.

Please for the love of God, don't put up with that - golden children or not. If I were you, I would request that all payments come from the mother, otherwise termination of care. Let her deal with him and bug him for the money. You shouldn't have to be burdened with asking to be paid. Does he have to remind his employer to pay him.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fivelittleones For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    As much as I think you shouldn't ever put up with not getting paid, the swearing would be a deal breaker for me. Absolutely, no second thoughts. Just done. I don't swear and I don't tolerate it in my house by anyone. And especially if it was directed at me.

By saying what he said to you, he was trying to put you in your place. You are lower than the low and he wanted you to know it. Your interests are of no concern to him.

Please terminate your association with this "man" now. Before he comes back from holiday. Unfortunately it will mean not taking the son anymore, but that's his fault, not yours. You can explain the situation to the mom and let her deal with him. Sorry you have to go through this, you do not deserve this treatment.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I think I'd wait for payment (if he owes you still) and than give notice of termination. That was incredibly rude towards you and should not be tolerated!!!