Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Difference between Handbook, Contract and Enrollment Agreement

I'm a bit confused as to what exactly goes into the Family Handbook. Also what is the difference between a contract and a child care enrollment agreement? I went to this website www.homedaycarebusiness.weebly.com and found a contract which is short and a Child Care Enrollment Agreement which is very detailed and long. To me the Child Care Enrollment Agreement looks like a very long detailed contract. Can anyone explain the difference and what I use each for and if they go into the handbook and what else goes in the handbook? Thanks!

Euphoric !
    I have both.

For me, my contract is terms of service. What hour care available, what fee is, when fee due, start date of child, day registered, my name, parent name, who care provided for (child name), closure day, statement fees due regardless of attending for days reserved, which day each week reserved. Basically my agreement with that client. This might change based on client.

My handbook is more generic. It my polices for all client and not change. Sick policy, late payment fee, late collect fee, vacation policy for client and me, toilet train requirement. Notice period for my vacation, notice period to terminate care both me and client, process for short notice closure like own sickness or serious storm or no power, vaccination policy. Notice period for change in fees too.

Because these two different document, in contact I have statement that parent seen handbook and have copy and understand that policy is part of contract and if signing they accept all policy. Also have statement in handbook that policies are part of contract.

Shy
    I use a contract. It's about 8 pages. Very detailed. I have a section/heading for each topic and the parents have to sign one page stating they've read and acknowledged the whole contract and agree with my terms and policies, and that page is returned to me one the first day of care along with child's emergency contact info, OHIP number, parents contact info. I have all pages that need to be returned to me signed with "please return this page" at the top so they know they have to bring it back to me.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by fivelittleones View Post
    I use a contract. It's about 8 pages. Very detailed. I have a section/heading for each topic and the parents have to sign one page stating they've read and acknowledged the whole contract and agree with my terms and policies, and that page is returned to me one the first day of care along with child's emergency contact info, OHIP number, parents contact info. I have all pages that need to be returned to me signed with "please return this page" at the top so they know they have to bring it back to me.
    I label my contract "page 1 of 3" and parent have to initial every page and then sign final page. I change when local carer took client to court for non-paying and judge said she couldn't prove parent agreed to term on different pages when only last page signed.

Euphoric !
    My contract and parent handbook are the same. All info is all together

I don't have a handbook. It's just all in my contract.

Euphoric !
    I Have what I call my parent info package. It includes 2 copies of my detailed contract (one for me and one for them, all signed), a 2 page child info sheet, a permission form for various things, a list of all payment due days, tips/suggestions for young children starting at my dc and the sick policy page that I suggest to keep on fridge for quick reference. I also show them my payment sheet method, incident form and medication form.