Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opening daycare

Shy

Opening daycare

I am opening a licensed home daycare in Manitoba. I am looking at the rates for school age kids. It states $10.30 (3sessions), $$8.60 (2 sessions) and $6.15 one session. What exactly does this mean? Three days a week $10.30 in total or $10.30 per day if in daycare three days in a week? Confused!

No. I think session is PER DAY. One session would be care for only before school or only after school. Two sessions would be for before and after school. And three sessions would be for half day kindergarten kids. So the might need before school and the whole afternoon or the whole morning and then after school. I'm not in the area so someone else may be better help. That's how I take it. Although the rates seem really low

Shy
    Where I live, kindergarten is for full days, every other day. So I would have kinders for a full day they don't go to school. Not sure what the rates are in that situation

Well it would be full day rate when in daycare full day. Then before and after school rate on school days. But I would clarify what the sessions mean with someone in your area. Look up other providers and ask them. Then let me know....cuz now I'm curious too. Lol.

Outgoing
    I'm licensed in Manitoba. That refers to before school, lunch, after school.
    If you have a kinder or any school age for a full day, you charge the full day rate.

So I was right? Your rates seem so low?! But I guess it varies by Province.

Outgoing
    We have the second lowest rates in the country. But don't tell all the families, they like to complain about how much daycare costs. Lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Goldilocks, where are you located? I'm in Brandon. It's so rare to see people from manitoba on this site, I think you would be the 4th or 5th Manitoban.

Shy
    I'm from Roblin, about an hour west of dauphin. I know what you mean. Most posts didn't help me because Ontario has such different rules. If you don't mind my asking,do you ask for paid stat holidays? I just finished my contract. My coordinator said to think about it. Roblin is a small town and people are used to unlicensed child care. I don't think they are going to like this at all. I've been thinking about just taking it out. I offer only full time care so part time people will have to pay full time rates. They won't like that either but it's the only way I could make a living in a small town.

Outgoing
    I have family that lived there quite a while ago.

Yes, my stats are paid days off. I would encourage you to include them as well. You'll be able to offer things that private daycares can't, like subsidy, etc. I'm also very familiar with small towns in general, and I bet I know how some of the private daycares operate. Maybe when you interview families, if they seem concerned about paying for days they aren't using, you could explain the extra costs involved that others may not pay, like insurance. Or if the private daycares are way over their numbers, you could explain you are licensed for a small number of children, and that really benefits their child. You're setting yourself apart from the others, and you should be able to find enough families that respect that decision. And if you do it, the others may decide to follow your lead, and then everyone will charge for stat days.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post: