Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Late dropoffs

Euphoric !
    The reason I have the 9 am is so that I am in control of the child's morning meaning I can have them playing hard and getting worn out and eating when I want them so that they are ready for lunch and nap at the correct time along with the rest of the group. Often when they come late parent lets them sleep in, eat breakfast when we would be eating snack and then child watches tv and hangs out at home till parent is ready to bring them. They arrive wanting snack but we had it already, they dont' have enough time left to play and get tuckered out and they may or may not eat lunch depending on what they had for breakfast. In other words if you want your child in my home then they have to be on our schedule.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    The reason I have the 9 am is so that I am in control of the child's morning meaning I can have them playing hard and getting worn out and eating when I want them so that they are ready for lunch and nap at the correct time along with the rest of the group. Often when they come late parent lets them sleep in, eat breakfast when we would be eating snack and then child watches tv and hangs out at home till parent is ready to bring them. They arrive wanting snack but we had it already, they dont' have enough time left to play and get tuckered out and they may or may not eat lunch depending on what they had for breakfast. In other words if you want your child in my home then they have to be on our schedule.
    I do this as well for the same reasons.

For me if parents are not here by 8:05, they need to meet us where ever we are. Now if the roads are bad or there is an accident of course that changes things. I think that it is very very important that parents respect our time, their childs time, and the other dck's time. Why is it fair to the rest of the group to sit around waiting because Jonny x's dad can't be bothered to show up on time.
    I have it in my contract that we leave at 8;00 am for the school run. If you need time to tell me something then you had better get here early so we have time to talk BEFORE we need to leave. Or if it isn't emergent, they can send me a text or call.