Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTwigs View Post
    I sent her home today because we were making progress all week and she threw up right after I changed her. She was trying to fall asleep and I said no you have to wait until nap and she started crying and after I changed her threw up all over herself and my floor. She's a little sneaky fox because if she is laying down we won't do it and she will always hunch over about half a mile bc she doesn't want to get in on her clothes. She is a manipulative child and her parents know this very well. Now I fear for my sanity on Monday bc I sent her home and when she saw her dad she was bouncing in her stroller so I think I just rewarded her behaviour
    No worries...yes you rewarded her behavior but in doing so you punished the parents. It will get old really fast for the parents.

I've seen kids in JK do this. Daily. Don't like the activity, bored with sitting "I'll throw up and go home" they need to end this now. Keep sending her home. It will put enough pressure on the parents to either change her behavior or change daycares...either way you win!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Thank you

When I call them again to pick her up because I know she will throw up again, what should I say when they say "why do we have to pick her up, she isn't sick and in your policy it stats if they are sick and vomit they get sent home and you know she's not sick and doing this because she doesn't want to do something"? Then what do I say lol

Euphoric !
    Thank you

When I call them again to pick her up because I know she will throw up again, what should I say when they say "why do we have to pick her up, she isn't sick and in your policy it stats if they are sick and vomit they get sent home and you know she's not sick and doing this because she doesn't want to do something"? Then what do I say lol
    You need to send a letter home with her asap noting that in order to keep the daycare sanitary for the other children and to keep your focus on the group as a whole you will be calling them for immediate pick up after each vomiting incident. Doesn't matter that she isn't sick it is still a health issue and you can't be dealing with this nonsense. But they do need to be informed in writing.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Okay I will do that on Monday But why do kids do this? She has been here for almost FULL year and if anything she's getting worse?!

Shy
    I would just say that you're sure they can understand how unsanitary it is and that when it's several times a day how can you provide proper care to the other children? Also ask how they would feel if it was another child vomiting all over and you just let them stay there. I bet they wouldn't like that very much.... I have a feeling they may not argue with you.... They are probably surprised you put up with it this long.

Euphoric !
    Okay I will do that on Monday But why do kids do this? She has been here for almost FULL year and if anything she's getting worse?!
    Kids are weird! They like to be in control and do weird things to gain control. This is working, as unpleasant as it is. She could also be upset that you aren't giving her what she wants (like home does) so is upset enough to throw up (but it sounds like she is doing it on purpose).

My 2.5yr old nephew (about a year ago) got so upset at his home daycare provider he held his breath and passed out. Ended up at the ER with a ton of tests to be told it was jus this way of getting what he wanted. The doctors nephews were prone to doing the same thing! Anyways, once they got back home my brother showed up at his daycare providers house with chocolate, wine and flowers. My nephew tried that act once more but quickly learned it wasn't worth it. Not sure what all they did to help end the behavior but you can imagine how hard it would be for parents to watch their kid hold their breath and black out...but my brother and sister-in-law still decided to take control and NOT give the child what they wanted...or the kid would be doing this forever. Sometimes parents just need to be "mean" and be parents and be in control. If they aren't then their kids do more and bigger things to keep in control.

Hope it ends quickly for you!! I can imagine it is confusing for a not yet 2yr old to rule the world at home and not in daycare...but they do typically figure out the very different expectations in each location. Some kids are just harder to "break"!!!

Euphoric !
    It's going to be difficult to train mom and dad because you have allowed the throwing up. Had you nipped it in the bud right from the start they wouldn't have questioned why you were now asking for pickup. It is not sanitary and not something you should have to deal with. If they end up pulling her so be it. Then by the time they go through a few day ares who call for immediate pickup when she throws up they will realize they have an issue and deal with it.

I had a boy throw up once because he didn't want to eat what I was serving. He was sent home. It happened one more time and again sent home. Not sure what was said to him at home but he never did it again.